Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be purchasing a 450R soon and would like to know if anyone has adjusted there valves yet. How many hours have you put on it? Also how difficult was it. I am more concerned about the intake valves with the shims.

thanks Justin

·
Registered
157 Posts
I haven't done this yet, but I got my service manual last week and this procedure is very well explained. The shims are explained nicely. The Honda service manual in general is surprisingly detailed, much better then my Kawasaki or Yamaha manuals have been.

I strongly reccomend getting one!

-RR

·
Registered
497 Posts
I haven't done this yet, but I got my service manual last week and this procedure is very well explained. The shims are explained nicely. The Honda service manual in general is surprisingly detailed, much better then my Kawasaki or Yamaha manuals have been.

I strongly reccomend getting one!

-RR[/b]
I just bought a new cam, and chances are, I will have to adjust my valves. Where did you get that service manual?
Joe

·
Registered
7 Posts
Go to www.Helminc.com
They make the service manuals for Honda ATVs.

450R has shim under bucket style valves, and do not require initial break in adjustment (as EX quads do). Everyone I've spoken to (including myself) has not had to adjust their valves when installing the HRC kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts