Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics I took this morning.

From the front with OMF scoops.

From the rear(Durablue 2+2 Eliminator axle!

Side Shot(White Brothers Carbon Pro)!

Closer pic of the Carbon Pro!

Here is a pic of the Stock Heat shield that my friend cut for me and painted flat black. This should help keep me from burning boots and pants!!!

Side shot of the Scoops!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dude your bike looks great! Were do you ride at? I have the WB aluminum race system and man i am so happy with the performance of the system. When i first got it i was worried about the head pipe. But know that I seen how you used your stock exhaust sheild I am once again happy. What kind of paint did he use and what did he use to cut it with if you don't mind me asking. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
That is the pipe I have wanted for months!!! How much did you get it for Durabluz?? The 450 is looking sick man, I love it! And, could you put a review of the pipe when you have a chance in the engine section if you have the time?

Thanks,
Zack

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the compliments!!
He cut the heat shield with a dremel tool and just used some regular old spray paint. I would reccomend getting some high heat paint though. I am not really worried about it cause I bet it will rub off pretty quick. I payed right around $750 for it, but it is def worth every penny! I haven't even jetted the bike or put on a new filter and it is awsome. I was planning on putting a review up on it , but wanted to wait till I jet it to give the best review. The midrange is incredible though. The quad pulls like there is no tomorrow through the whole range! I only changed the front sprocket for now. Went to a 13t. I have a new one for the rear but want to wait and see if I will even need it. Thanks again!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are close to it. They are the color red that comes from Tag. I just ordered the 400ex kit with the red bars! It's amazing how many of the parts will interchange.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
that is one of the nicest 450r's i have seen...where did u get the red brake lines

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are the Galfer steel braided lines. I got them from www.rockymountainatv.com for around $107. They are awsome. I couldn't believe the difference that steel braided lines made!

·
Registered
133 Posts
WHAT!!!!! I like the stock lines better, Team DUNCAN Racing set up a 450 with steel braded all the way around, and switched it back to stock. i rode that bike and agree with them, myself and other racers including joe byrd and factory honda rider TIM FARR and his wrench mark baldwin all agree that the stock lines are better!. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
thats a nice looking bike!! how do you like the nerf bars and the pegs ?are they better than stock?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Originally posted by nacsmx450r@Jul 8 2004, 04:07 PM
WHAT!!!!! I like the stock lines better, Team DUNCAN Racing set up a 450 with steel braded all the way around, and switched it back to stock. i rode that bike and agree with them, myself and other racers including joe byrd and factory honda rider TIM FARR and his wrench mark baldwin all agree that the stock lines are better!. just my 2 cents.
I have never heard of someone saying they would rather run rubber lines over steel braided??!?!?! Why is that and please dont say because you got more braking power from rubber because it isnt possible.

Where did you get those colored brake lines? I really like them. Cool looking bike![/b]
He said he got them from RockyMountainATV for $107 above.

Hey Durabluz, how loud is that pipe? I LOVE the look of it and have heard nothing but good about it except for the price which I think is a little ridiculous but possibly worth it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The pipe isn't as loud as I was expecting it to be. I was surprised as to how quiet it is. Still have to put a filter on and jet it though.

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
There is only a small section of the hose that is rubber, take a closer look. It appears that there is a disconnect of some sort, near the wheel end. Maybe Honda will have a HRC kit later with ext. lines to go with HRC a arms? just thinking out loud.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There are actually three sections of rubber on the stock lines. One up top and one for each side. I feel that the brakes stop a lot quicker and harder with the braided lines on, maybe Farr didn't like that feel? For my personal preference I like them way better. I didn't respond to nac's comment just because he is entitled to his opinion. If he thinks stock lines are better then let him use them!

·
Registered
216 Posts
i would of thought that the end cap would be a little more of a red calor. i think that would look a little better.

·
Registered
216 Posts
it looks good but i would change some things like the carbin fiber hood i dont think they look that good but it cuts some weight off though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
YOU SUCK!!! just kidding, I totally respect you're opinion of the braded lines, hey everyone sets up thier machines the way they want to, not for others, the stock lines just work excellent for me, so i'm stickin with them. braded lines are working great for you, more power to ya. One thing i have been breaking is the stock CDI mount, i fabricated a mount for it. i'll post pics later on when i get a final production unit.

·
Registered
263 Posts
that bike really does look good man,keep up the good work and that hood looks awsome,i just ordered one :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts