Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
The only updated seal would be the right seal..........it has a larger ID to clear the updated collar that comes with the new cranks.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I just got a couple cranks in that didn't have the updated bearing and seal. Didn't realize that the pn#s were different(just figured that it would automatically be the updated version). Guess if there is no other solution I will be trying to exchange them unless someone wants them for what I gave from Service Honda.

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts
I would also think that they would have sent you the updated crank. Thought I heard that the older version is no longer made. But I do not think that the updated collar and seal solved the problem with the bearing.... bacause they continue to fail, even with the updated version.

Also, none of the Hot Rod cranks have the new style collar and seal. And they seem to be performing just fine.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, the other thing is though with the old number you just get the crank. The new number gets you the crank, seal, and bearing. So now I have new cranks, but no right side bearing or seal cause I was expecting it all in a kit :11doh:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I remember someone stated that the only crank you could get now was the updated one with the new collar and seal.
I have never ran this upgrade in my setup, seems to be fine so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts