Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just wile im thinking of it the DMC alien complete 4 the 450, i was told ran aprox 100db, there is a spark arrestor or spark arrestor quiet core avail.

However yes my new cam is in, and my grandpa had a lok at it and it should be set, the worst that might happen is i will have to redo the shims, but they look fine, all i have left to do is install my dyno jet kit, and put er back together and i should be ready to rock, ill let you no how she runs!!!!!

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok tonight i rejeted my carb thru everything back together, well not quite, but i gotta still bolt down the tank, im gonna double check sum stuff tho, and then ill bolt the tank on, my new pro pegs, wash it down and then add my stickers i got with my stuff.

Well i got it started tonight, and i kicked it like 20 times before i realized i still had the gas off, then we turned that on and 20 kicks more later we got a sputter then i was anxious then she rumbled up and stalled turned the choke off kicked over and there she went, smooth as before, but LOUDER, i think i woke the neighboors up lol. But yea it runs, and its all good :D so yea im happpy i did a good job as of nowm ill let u know how it rips tomoro.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea i have the tensionner set correctly, just gonna retork everything tonight, when i get home from here(wwork) and the enigine is just as quiet or quieter, i have yet to see the power change.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well guys i just took the 450 for a boot. My plug a nice tan brown at a 180 jet, it runs great, im impressed, i still been taking it easy, havnt seem to lossed any bottom, but feels faster, i will be breaking in the cam tomoro, and racing the ds 650 to see the diff cuz we did runs before and we both went to the same size tires and rims now, 22's rear and 23's on the front, so it will be anxious to see how i do, ill let you guys know how she does.

By the way ill be in a parade sat, ill get to show the bike off sum, should be fun, its gonna be around 70 so it wont be too hot.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ontario canada, not sure on exact elvation, under 3000 feet, dyno jet needle, i put this little thing in the main air jet that came with they dyno jet, i got the screw 2 and a half out and the airbox isnt quite wide open but i drilled alotta holes innit, but its running real good

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
in the biginning the kit told me wit this setup to run a 175, but the plug was a little light, so i poped er up to the 180( biggest jet in the kit) i put about 15-20 mins on it wit this jet cheked the plug and it looks good

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well boys heres the final update.

I got my jetting set at 180, i showed the plug to the mechanic at work he said its a bit rich and i could drop it a jet or two. But im deciding on leaving it, that way this winter it will be fine, if not then ill just redo some more jetting. However with this setup ill tell u how it went. I Rechecked my plug today again and its a good tan color, i think i got it pretty good, i did more running this time, how do you properly check for good jetting?

Me and my dad took off for the first ride after i broke in my cam. We did really race but i was gaining on him and as i passed him with wide open throtle, i shot him the finger... To my surprise, he wasnt wide open and he passed me back and that was it, man was i depressed. then we went for a drag race. I blew him out of the hole repetedly, the hotter my bike got the faster it was going, once it was hotter we were dead even on top end. When we drag raced id pull away from him 8 to ten lenghts, and he would never catch me, we are running the exact same tires also, 22' rear xct's and 23 fronts. Well least to say, my mods were worth it haha.

By the way, i have pics, they just need to get developped then i will past them, i will post the day i got it, after i shaved then fenders and installed the race bars, then now, sice its alll on the same roll lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts