Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With in the next few weeks, were lining up these 3 quads, mine has all the mods below, and th ds 650 being my dads has 6 ply xct itp's too, and a raptor wich i believe is stock not sure on tires and such will be coming, he wants to see how it does compare to our bikes, and might consider gettin one like mine or my dads if we leave him in the dust. Mine is an 04, the ds is an 03, and the rap is an 02. Now as far as me vs the ds, i leave him outta the hole, he will catch me on top end, but it takes a wile, he went up a tooth in the front, so it helps, we will be doing drag races on a paved stretch and after the race i will let you guys know the outcome. The guy with the raptor has already rode the ds and the 450, and he had liked mine, lol so i wouldnt be surprised if i see him gettin a 650 or 450 in the future, cuz odds are i think me and the old man will leave the raptor, well i hope anyways, after the race i will post the results.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
if the Raptor is stock, it wont even be a race.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Originally posted by Trx450Ryan@Sep 22 2004, 01:44 PM
With in the next few weeks, were lining up these 3 quads, mine has all the mods below, and th ds 650 being my dads has 6 ply xct itp's too, and a raptor wich i believe is stock not sure on tires and such will be coming, he wants to see how it does compare to our bikes, and might consider gettin one like mine or my dads if we leave him in the dust. Mine is an 04, the ds is an 03, and the rap is an 02. Now as far as me vs the ds, i leave him outta the hole, he will catch me on top end, but it takes a wile, he went up a tooth in the front, so it helps, we will be doing drag races on a paved stretch and after the race i will let you guys know the outcome. The guy with the raptor has already rode the ds and the 450, and he had liked mine, lol so i wouldnt be surprised if i see him gettin a 650 or 450 in the future, cuz odds are i think me and the old man will leave the raptor, well i hope anyways, after the race i will post the results.
Keep it short and you will take 'em both B) I had the same exact race, but there was another R in there. He had the stock front sprocket so I beat him too. BTW, mine is almost stock, so you should have no problem :D

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well wont be that long, and ill prolly beat the 660 on top any ways, considering my mods can beat a stock ds, i have taller tires and stock 14t, so i hope i walk on it all thru the line, i can beat the 650 for a good 300 yeards on the raod then hell start to creep up, so its a good race, should be interesting.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im not worried about drag, i still get one hell of a holeshot, im not worried, with this setup i cn rev it real high and not fight to keep the front down, and i do have a 13t avail and 20 inchtires, but to my way, i get better take off with this setup, and top, i know this is a drag race, but i want top end to, this guy with the raptor is worried more about top then bottom, so im not worried, and now with the mods i have and addidtion of my tires, i have way better holeshot, and im not fighting to keep the tires down, i even played bewtween a 13 and 14t with the 22's. and im back to my 14, so this is my prefferance i guess.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
raptors are junk, there slow, and they have lots of problems, it wont be a prob at all[/b]
i wouldnt go as far as saying they are junk. they are one of the most corked up quads that come from the factory. piston,cam,exhaust,mild porting and monkey with the sprockets. they are torque monsters and can hold there own on the drag strip. but stock to stock, a 450r will walk away from it.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Originally posted by allmixedup450r@Sep 23 2004, 12:04 AM
raptors are junk, there slow, and they have lots of problems, it wont be a prob at all
i wouldnt go as far as saying they are junk. they are one of the most corked up quads that come from the factory. piston,cam,exhaust,mild porting and monkey with the sprockets. they are torque monsters and can hold there own on the drag strip. but stock to stock, a 450r will walk away from it. [/b][/quote]
a craptor is junk..they are unreliable garbage...ill spit on them

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have several friends who have raptors and have zero problems with them. I wouldn't say they are junk, just not my cup of tea. I don't like the way they handle but they have good power, especially with a pipe and intake mods.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
They have big time probs with the valves, you are always having to adjust them, bad design=junk

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Those are some strong opinions boys (about the Raptor) ...

You have every right to voice your opinion, but if you do have an opinion that is so strong, please post some facts to back it up ... not just, "they break a lot so they are junk." I know you can back it up with more than that, and if not, please just keep it to yourself otherwise this is going ot turn into another EXRiders

-Zack-

1 - 13 of 13 Posts