Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Curtis Sparks

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be using the filter with NO airbox lid. I have heard rumor that Sparks breathes better but Uni catches more fine particles. I guess some of that depends on the filter oil.

I forgot to mention... I have a billet ring that came with my K&N Pro Flow kit. Looks the same as the one on the Sparks page.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
From only what I hear, I have to go with sparks if you are willing to dish out the cash for the billet ring. I can not vote Uni when I hear all this about it coming off easily due to the fact they use the same one as for the 400ex...not my idea of a "safe" filter, I do not want anything getting by...

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I'm running the sparks filter kit with an outerwears and have no complaints, it flows good and I don't have any dust or dirt in my intake.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
I say the sparks cause they have their stuff together when it comes to the R ..... the filters are about the same but i like the Sparks better for the fact that they have a little better name ( and the billet ring is nice too) for the R..... just a little more money than the Uni but i like it just a little bit better.......

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Originally posted by TrX450rKiD@Jun 20 2004, 07:01 PM
I can not vote Uni when I hear all this about it coming off easily due to the fact they use the same one as for the 400ex...not my idea of a "safe" filter, I do not want anything getting by...
never heard of this.....

the filters are the same.... the sparks setup is the same for the 400ex or 450r. so i dont see how this can be true.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Woodward..like I said this is only from what I heard...

On another forum there were several people complaining about the Uni falling off and being a bit large in diameter. I honestly can not say its true though, no first hand knowledge :mellow:

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I like my Sparks. :D

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well... i appreciate all the feedback so far. i am leaning towards the sparks right now. i noticed that they are less expensive $24 & change verses $28 & change for uni... both prices from their web sites. can i find either one cheeper than that? also, the pro flo billet plenum that came with my k&n looks identical to the sparks plenum. can someone tell me if the pro flo will work with the sparks filter? maybe woodward?

here's a pic...

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Your air box is WAY too clean............ :D

That is what i like about the sparks best of all as well is the Ring...... it really helps to tighten the filter down and keep it in there ......

From the Pic it looks like the 2 will work....

I had a 400ex K&N in my R until i got my Sparks filter......

Also my Sparks flows almost as much as my K&N .... according to my plug readings and jetting specs...... the sparks almost works better with my jetting....

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just an update... i just ordered a white bros foam filter made by uni. it was only $23.95. i'll post a pic and tell everyone what i think when i get it. i like the sparks but can't see spending the extra cash.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I am planning on using a k&n carboard filter type, they are resuable, and i can probly get a deal on one since i know sumone who works at a dealership.

·
Registered
986 Posts
i have a whie bros filter and it seems to work well.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Trx450Ryan@Jul 4 2004, 02:40 PM
I am planning on using a k&n carboard filter type, they are resuable, and i can probly get a deal on one since i know sumone who works at a dealership.
actually, i have a k&n installed but have not used it yet. i ride in pretty dusty locations and am worried about the k&n's ability to keep out the fine dust. when i get my WB filter, i will use both for at least two rides each and do a "white glove" test on my intake boot after the rides. i will post my results and maybe some pics here after i'm finished testing. i also have a prefilter over the k&n and would recommend the same for you... even if you keep you'r box lid on. i will also post what filter oil i use in the WB (probably notoil).

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by DN1911@Jul 4 2004, 04:40 PM
i have a whie bros filter and it seems to work well.
did you use the insert that came with it? i was told that there is some kind of metal piece inside that is removable and i already have a billet plenum. see picture way above...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Received the Spark's kit today. The billet piece is "Super Sweet" Can't wait to "Cock the Hammer" this weekend!

·
Registered
234 Posts
we went with the uni on our dezert bike. i'll take a pic of the frist one we took off at pit 8 during the vegas to reno race last month. and when you see it you 'll be amazed that there was on dirt inside at all. so uni has got my vote.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts