Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I bought a Uni filter would I have to buy any type of adaptor? Or would it slip right on? Also does the vent tube press against it or would I have to rig up something for that?

I'm running the HRC kit. Would I have to change jetting? I'm in Michigan 60-80 degrees and about 700'-1800'

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
It should come with everything you need, I believe it comes witha billet alumium ring. The crankcase hose should be pressed against it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have a UNI filter and it didn't come with the billet adaptor nor did I need one to install it.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Originally posted by quadboy@Sep 23 2004, 07:14 PM
I have a UNI filter and it didn't come with the billet adaptor nor did I need one to install it.
Well, some do and some don't so I guess it doesn't matter then.

·
Lord of Combustion
14,065 Posts
uni flat rocks , they give you the best foam filter and an expanded cages to replace restrictive backfire screens. and they don't rape your wallet either. what more do you want????..............mixxer

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok cool where can I pick one up at? Is there one for the 450 or is the 400ex the same one? Is there a kit or just the filter?

I have the HRC kit will I have to make any carb adjustments.

Thanks for the replies guys.

·
Lord of Combustion
14,065 Posts
400ex & 450r are the same filter

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is off the uni web site. Looks kinda strange.

They list the trx 450r as year 98-2004

and the 400ex as year 04.

If you think you could check out the site and give me the right part number I would really owe you one.

uni filters

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Hey you guy's!! The uni is a great filter, BUT be sure to use a sticky oil because the filter will let more debri in. Belray or something like that will work really well!! B)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have the HRC air box mod with the jet kit. Any carb adjustments needed?

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have the hrc kit and hmf pipe and put the uni on and didnt need to make any adjustments at all i use maxium fab1 filter oil it really works well.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Talk to Desert. He has the same setup!![/b]

Desert what are you running for jetting and carb adjustment?

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by Arrant@Sep 26 2004, 11:07 PM
Talk to Desert. He has the same setup!!

Desert what are you running for jetting and carb adjustment? [/b][/quote]
If he dosen't respond..... then PM him. I'm sure Dez would be more than happy to help!!!! :D

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I PM'ed him yesterday. He must be busy right now.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Well Des and I are in the same state/town so I could try to help you. I am running the HRC kit minus the cam with the UNI. I am running 4th clip position on the HRC needle, a 185 main jet and the stock pilot jet. I did not need to make any changes when I put a UNI on. My jetting seems to be as close as I can get it without a dyno. I have played with it some (went to a 180, changed the needle around a little, moved the air screw around and this is where I have ended up and it is running great, starts easy, and pulls hard all the way through. Hope this helps you a little bit.

Dave

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes that does help. Makes me wonder how much more flow you get over a stock air cleaner. I have seen a few post where people didn't have to change jetting at all either.

Do you remember where your air screw setting ended up being?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Ya I was kind of wondering the same thing as far as air flow goes. It will definitely flow better but not sure how much better because I made virtually no jetting changes...

My air screw ended up being between 2.5-3. not sure on the exact turns out because it was starting to get hot down there :lol: . I was trying to hurry up and get it dialed in before I burnt myself anymore haha.

Dave

1 - 20 of 21 Posts