Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 450R I just got the HRC kit installed and My HMF full system will be here next week. My question is if i spend the $50 on a filter am i gonan notice anything?? Will it require a rejet? Just curious because i want to make it as fast as i can with just boltons. She sure rips now I cant wait to try out the exhaust! Anyone else having a problem with obliterating the stock rear tires everytime you nail it. This thing will break free in third, and while shifting to fourth on loose stuff.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Wayne64SS, If you keep going, you will have the same machine as me LOL, I believe there to be a difference in the filters, the uni breathes a lot better, I didn't notice a big difference like with the pipe and HRC, but there is a difference. I have 2 UNI's and the stock filter, on race day if track conditions are not the greatest, I will run the stock filter for practice, but have a nice fresh UNI for both motos.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I think you will get more air with a better air filter. However I dont think its a big of enough difference to have to rejet. Don't the HRC kit come with a 185 main?.....if so then the stock air filter will obviously do pretty much as good as a aftermarket one....maybe a slight difference but not enought to effect jetting noticably.... B)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts