Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
I is usually a personal preference on whether to run K&N or UNI.

·
Registered
20 Posts
UNI is great, me being woods rider, I run uni in all my bikes, havent switched over the 450r's yet though

·
Registered
497 Posts
I used UNI filter before on my banshee and 250r and I liked them alot! Easier to clean then K&N filter and flow just as well, they work great. I would have bought one for my 450R but I didn't know they were out yet. You should be quite satisfied with it. I think I will buy one as my backup filter.

Joe

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had a 2-stage UNI filter in the KFX, worked great. But I hate cleaning foam air filters, always so messy, so I was thinking K&N next time around. Has anyone heard of Notoil filters (or something like that)?? Apparently they have a special foam oil that only requires soapy water to clean. I'd like to know more about these filters as well.

But cleaning aside, the 2-stage UNI worked awesome!

-RR

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I use that stuff now on my sparks filter...its works so good....its worth the 20 dollars for the kit.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I spray my filter and then throw it in a plastic baggy and rub the oil in. The I put the filter in place and pull the baggy off. That's my no-toil system and it works great.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I have used the UNI filter on my 465ex stroker and now my 450R and I find it's a great filter to used, plus it's easy to clean. Also, I was told that the K&N filter lets to big of debri in by my local Honda dealer. So, beware! The K&N lets a lot of air in, but what else is it letting in?
I did order a K&N filter, but I ordered the K&N powerlid with the uni in the air box.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Originally posted by Rico450R@Apr 22 2004, 04:05 PM
I have used the UNI filter on my 465ex stroker and now my 450R and I find it's a great filter to used, plus it's easy to clean.  Also, I was told that the K&N filter lets to big of debri in by my local Honda dealer.  So, beware! The K&N lets a lot of air in, but what else is it letting in?
I did order a K&N filter, but I ordered the K&N powerlid with the uni in the air box.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=2689
[/quote]

Hey Rico,

Where did you find a powerlid for the 450? I can't seem to find one online.

Thanks.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I run the UNI filter, but it did not come with a billet ring, it came with a cage. The cage is not restrictive like the Honda screen, it has large diamond shape holes in it, and is open on the end. I also use the No Toil oil and cleaner, I like it a lot, no using gas or varsol to clean filters, just use their powder soap (or whatever it is) in warm water.

I say the original cage is restrictive, but I believe Gabe said that the Original Honda filter flows as well as the aftermarket filters, the original cage just looks restrictive to me.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by MI_Red_TRX+Dec 31 2004, 02:24 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Rico450R
@Apr 22 2004, 04:05 PM
I have used the UNI filter on my 465ex stroker and now my 450R and I find it's a great filter to used, plus it's easy to clean.  Also, I was told that the K&N filter lets to big of debri in by my local Honda dealer.  So, beware! The K&N lets a lot of air in, but what else is it letting in?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=2689
Hey Rico,

Where did you find a powerlid for the 450? I can't seem to find one online.

Thanks.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=44328
[/b][/quote]

Hey dude! When I first wrote that I didn't realized that the 400ex air box and the 450R was totally different. At that time the 450R powerlid wasn't make yet. But, since then I saw somewhere where they just made it. I went to shade tree powersports and e-mailed them to ask them if there carring it now. I will know by next week bro!! :D

Rico

1 - 15 of 15 Posts