Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Talk to your dealer. Make up some story about how your brakes failed because of a manufactering defect and now they owe you a new frame :lol: Actually werent you the one that said they had the new frame listed for like $450? Only thing Im wondering is what about the VIN sticker? Do you just take it off the original frame and onto the new one? I dont even know if I would worry about it though.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive alreadyt laked to service honda..they said that I give them the number off this frame & my drivers liscnese number & they reissue a new VIN number & stuff & send me the new one...im so bummed..im gonna take itt o the dealership to see if they can help me out with anything

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
^_^ so it was the frame huhh...that sucks....sorry to hear that...I dont think the failed brake thing will work....brakes dont just fail...

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yah theyd kno that was a lie & they would prob. tell me to leave..im just gonna go & try to see if we can work something out

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
good luck, I think thats really your only option....You are the one that wrecked.....Im so surprised you did get hurt.....

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im really lucky to be alive..im like really really luckt to not be hurt..i dont know what im going to do

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by Jumbo747@Jul 30 2004, 07:14 PM
im really lucky to be alive..im like really really luckt to not be hurt..i dont know what im going to do
sounds to me like your saving for a frame...

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by TRX450rlude+Jul 30 2004, 06:18 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Jumbo747
@Jul 30 2004, 07:14 PM
sounds to me like your saving for a frame... [/b]
lol...it will be so much fun putting the new one on ...ive never dopne anything like this before...i know im gonna screw up

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
well since u will have to get a new frame, it would be easy to pwoder coat it before u install everything if u wanted to, just fuel for thot lol.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
you might consider sending your new frame off to get it gussited before you swap everything over....it might save you a big headache later....

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i dont have time to gussett it ...i dont think im gonna get it PC'ed either..i think im just gonna put the new frame on & sell it...im tired of fourwheelers

·
Registered
314 Posts
The whole brake thing was just a joke guy, lol. Dont give up on 4 wheelers man, but its kind of understandable if you do. Good luck!

·
Registered
263 Posts
i thought bout given up till i sold my 440ex. then i was like no way i gotta get the new R, i was on the dealers list for like 3 monthsand iam never going to go w/out a bike again.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
we'll see what happens.....my dad keeps telling me to give my problems to "god"...my dad isnt even religious...WTF?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hey Jumbo how old are you? dont mean that as an insult in any way whatsoever. Just wondering. Cuz I rememer when I was younger, I would need a new Chain or something on my blaster, or my motor blew up, and the whole week I would be depressed and wondering how am I ever going to get through this. Now I understand a Frame is definetly a more sertious problem than a Chain. But I think youll find as you get older quad problems are trivial and rather easy to fix than real life problems. You will be glad you hung onto the quad after it gets fixed.

If your older and live on your own and stuff. Nevermind what I just said

But its way easier than you think to do a frame change. Just take one part off and put it on the other. Because there is no large time interval between tear down and build up. Everything Will be fresh in your mind. Just think after you complete it. there is nothing that can stand in your way Mechanically after this ordeal. :D

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
YYYESSS I am 17,....i forgot to keep this thread updated with what went on threw this week...so. I get my new upper aarm & put it on the quad & the frame is tweaked (pictures tomorrow)....so I'm like lets see hopw it drives with the one tire like this & it goes fine for me..im sure theres some way its mishandling but I couldnt really tell. So I ride with my friends & im not going insane or anything & no jumps. SO the next day I take it to the dealer (right before they close..oops)and the owner & the head mechanic come out & take a look at it & tell me that they will help me out with getting a new one if I come back at an earlier time & we can sit down & work some numbers...so if they help me out with getting a new frame & changing it out will be easy as my friend said he will help me im going to get my frame powdercoated like this & get those black plastics & have both sets....untill then I can still ride but cant ride it really crazy or the frame will bend worse

1 - 17 of 17 Posts