Honda TRX 450R banner

tube problem

752 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  preludenation
hey guys, i need a little help. ive put a esr intake on my 07 and it has the one tube that comes off for the breather, and another tube looks like it possibly goes into the cylinder or crank...i didnt get a really good look just saw a hose not connected to anything and its about 1/4 inch hose. do i need to plus this off? or t it off into the breather? or??? thanks guys
il take pics tomorrow and post if u need me to but im sure u guys know what im talkin about...thanks again
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
hey guys, i need a little help. ive put a esr intake on my 07 and it has the one tube that comes off for the breather, and another tube looks like it possibly goes into the cylinder or crank...i didnt get a really good look just saw a hose not connected to anything and its about 1/4 inch hose. do i need to plus this off? or t it off into the breather? or??? thanks guys
il take pics tomorrow and post if u need me to but im sure u guys know what im talkin about...thanks again[/b]
the crank case breather goes into the crank case and air box. I put a small filter w/hose clamp on mine and zip tied it to the frame under the seat........
if your talking about the much smaller breather hose......about 1/4" dia or so...... that apparently has no where to go....and no filter on it......

this is the tranny vent....it is vented up through the cylinder....there should be a small nipple on the back of the cylinder where one half of this hose is connected.....the other half......goes up above the black plastic tank shield along the right side of the carb by the 'T' fitting (if you still have one)...then, this hose makes a U-turn...and gets stuck into an opening facing downward..... thats it......

there is NO filter on this hose and do NOT plug it off......

[attachment=32826:MVC_009S_2.JPG]

Attachments

See less See more
yep, thats it...thanks alot...i was hoping i didnt screw something up or need to do something. if i dont have that piece it can just kinda hang out???
i would try to zip tie or tape it off somewhere similar to how it gets stuck in the tank guard, that way nothing can really "fall" down through the tube and end up in your tranny...like sand
^ Ditto ^

Personally I cant for the life of me figure out why anyone......(with the exception of a true die-hard drag racer) would want to remove such a vital piece of 2 oz of plastic.......that plastic cover protects your tank from excessive heat from the engine, supports throttle cable and wiring harness, supports the overflow tank, houses the idle adjustment cable/knob....and lastly, supports that hose your talking about......

but hey.....if you need to save 2 oz.....have at it.....lol
i havent looked yet, but i never took it off...wondering if maybe when i had my carb re worked that it came off and they didnt know where it went or something...im sure the piece is stillt here.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.