Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 trx450er (cam, gutted exhaust, athena 500 big bore)
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a running 2006 trx450er with a cam, 500 big bore, and the baffle has been removed from the silencer. Thinking of doing a build on it. What do you guys think I should do next. I put new plastics and a graphics kit on it to make it look better because it had been rolled on pavement. I’m thinking because it has plenty in the hp and torque department I should do shocks and a arms? What are other mods you guys think I should do. Any good motor mods that haven’t already been done.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Snow

·
Registered
2006 trx450er (cam, gutted exhaust, athena 500 big bore)
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Right now I’m in it $1650 total. Not bad for a nice running trx450r

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would just start by going over it. Order a service manual. Re grease bearings, look for worn out things. Hopefully the motor is all good. You know, buy some handlebars you like. Check your brake pads, chain, sprockets. flush the coolant/oil. Then ride it for a while. Everybody wants trick stuff like a arms and suspension(me too). See what you don't like and start there. Personally I usually go for a good aftermarket adjustable wider axle right away because even an extra 2 inches of added rear width is noticeable to me. Don't get to hung up on the eye candy (I did). Its a off road vehicle, and most people don't maintain there stuff that well. Ya never know what ya got till you put eyes/fingers on it. There's a girlfriend joke in there somewhere...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts