Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Rico's450R
My 450r mods, FCR 39mm Keihin, Hotcam 2 stage, Ti-4 Titanium Pro Circuit slip-on.
YFZ450F All stock exept for the Gyt-r kit which re-jets and a slip-on.

Everytime we race the bikes, we're side by side. He couldn't pull me. In fact he would leave everytime before me and I would be right at his heels everytime. I feel if we had a flagger I would beat him(because I'm very good getting out of the gate). But, the results were always the same. The funny thing is I still have my 10.5.1 compression piston in. So if I bumped up to a 12.1 like him, I would probably beat him everytime. I always here everyone wanting to know and now you know. We were at the track and we both had track tires on with stock gearing so noone had the advantage. Except for him having the 12.1 piston. I've always told people if you put the same mods the YFZ had! The TRX could keep up with it and even beat it!! Now I know for sure! :D

So there you have it. This was real world racing and the results are the facts about both bikes!
To stay AHEAD, ride RED!! Rico

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I dont know what your doing rico 450r, I have never been beat by one, I have the curtis sparks cam, pipe, filter. I have beaten four of them, three of them had the gytr pipes, one with dubach, all with lids off, cam retarding, i pulled hard on all of them, at Buttercups sandunes. I even beat my friends gytr yfz with knobbies up the hill

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by trxjwb@Sep 22 2004, 01:06 AM
I dont know what your doing rico 450r, I have never been beat by one, I have the curtis sparks cam, pipe, filter.  I have beaten four of them, three of them had the gytr pipes, one with dubach, all with lids off, cam retarding, i pulled hard on all of them, at Buttercups sandunes.  I even beat my friends gytr yfz with knobbies up the hill
Funny you say that...I have the sparks cam, filter and jet kit, and Ive never been beat by a YFZ either.....however I have only raced 2 of them (real race that is), and I beat both of them pretty badly.....one was all stock without the GYTR stuff....and the other was jetted with GYTR package.....the stock one I beat by about 4 or 5 lengths everytime...I could have ran circles around him.....the GYTR one I would only beat by 1 or 2 lengths top.....Once he got a better take off then me and jumped about 2 lenghts in front of me right off the line...but the good ole 450r chased him down and passed him in a few seconds.....I just goofed up on my take off.....that dont happen very often.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I will post some videos soon of the 450r spanking the yfz, I was hoping to race at the sandunes this weekend but my bike wont be finished, its getting a port and polish job, and titanium intake valves, I havent rode in like three weeks, sucks doesnt it

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by trxjwb@Sep 22 2004, 01:06 AM
I dont know what your doing rico 450r, I have never been beat by one, I have the curtis sparks cam, pipe, filter.  I have beaten four of them, three of them had the gytr pipes, one with dubach, all with lids off, cam retarding, i pulled hard on all of them, at Buttercups sandunes.  I even beat my friends gytr yfz with knobbies up the hill
first of all, I said he got the jump off the start every time. He never really let me get ready or I would probably be telling you something different. We didn't have a flagger!! The stripe was only about 100 yrds. I also said if we had a flagger I probably would have beat him. Besides that, he could have had more done. That's all he told me! This guy was lauching in third gear. Where I was in second. I really don't think I could have don't that in third. Of course never tried. But like I said this was real world racing at the track. Track is different than sand or and other place for that matter. But, anyways, this was only my point of view and I do not tell anything but the truth. Take it for what it is worth!! Rico B)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
If that Yfz is taking of in third and is getting a good holeshot, hes got alot more done than he says, or his gearing is really low!

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by trxjwb@Sep 22 2004, 05:09 PM
If that Yfz is taking of in third and is getting a good holeshot, hes got alot more done than he says, or his gearing is really low!
Ya, it's funny what people will tell you to make there selfs look good. I'm the kind of person that tells you how it is. No bullcrap. Why can't everyone be that way. If I get beat then I get beat. But, don't give me a line of crap. The only one your kiding is yourself. Anyways, I still think I could have beat him if we had a flagger. I always got out of the hole after him and I did get nose to nose with him by the time we got to the end of the 100'.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
There is no line of crap here, if you would like to see it Ill be at the dunes in a couple of weeks cmon out, lets see what all that fancy stuff on your quad can do!

Jason

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by trxjwb@Sep 22 2004, 05:44 PM
There is no line of crap here, if you would like to see it Ill be at the dunes in a couple of weeks cmon out, lets see what all that fancy stuff on your quad can do!

Jason
Just so you know. I wasn't pointing at you!!!!!!!!!! I was pointing at the guy that had the YFZ that I raced. You know that,,,,,right!!Rico

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by trxjwb@Sep 22 2004, 05:49 PM
my bad, it came off a litt different
Just making sure. I don't like to make fun of anybody. So, I'm glad you read my last post. Cool dude!! :D

·
Registered
395 Posts
Originally posted by trxjwb@Sep 22 2004, 05:09 PM
Look at my mods and I can pull on any bike in third...except these alcohol banshees I raced this weekend....

When I race the 450R...they usually get me off the line...because I am fat...but I can pull real hard and pass in third...the races are around 125-200 yards

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Cmon citizenobody, the people I raced didnt have the flywheel lightened but they were not fat, 180 at the most, so I know I could take you

·
Registered
733 Posts
i haven't raced anyone and probably never will, nor do i usually engage in "smack" talking. but... if i were going to, here's what i would say:

If you wanna get smoked by me, come on down... i don't do away games.

and here's a little cliche:

Better bring your lunch!

:lol: that was fun. for those who don't know my humor... i am j/k and ROTFLMAO right now. i can't wait to see the next post.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by RedDogg@Sep 22 2004, 06:52 PM
i haven't raced anyone and probably never will, nor do i usually engage in "smack" talking. but... if i were going to, here's what i would say:

If you wanna get smoked by me, come on down... i don't do away games.

and here's a little cliche:

Better bring your lunch!

:lol: that was fun. for those who don't know my humor... i am j/k and ROTFLMAO right now. i can't wait to see the next post.
I like your style RedDogg!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Originally posted by trxjwb@Sep 22 2004, 06:38 PM
Cmon citizenobody, the people I raced didnt have the flywheel lightened but they were not fat, 180 at the most, so I know I could take you
Look...I am not talkin shiz...but I have yet to be beat on a regular basis...ocasionally I will get taken...but I wheelied when I shortshifted 2nd and had to throttle down....only 2 bikes have beaten me and they are both YFZ's...one 450r took me down but I wasn't jetted right and couldn't find the sweet spot that day...but another bike I tuned (YFZ) took him. He had cams, pipes, carb, sprocket, all the basic goodies but couldn't take a YFZ with a pipe, intake and jetting.

Now if anyone gets a faster bike out here than I will just go to a 470 kit but haven't had to yet...

I am not in this pic but look at my competition...it is like this every weekend...and I win 9 times out of 10...btw, notice the 450r leading this drag and the guy standing was the flagman/starter

·
Registered
395 Posts
Here is another one...I wear a helmet BTW

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Ya, it's funny what people will tell you to make there selfs look good. I'm the kind of person that tells you how it is. No bullcrap. Why can't everyone be that way. If I get beat then I get beat. But, don't give me a line of crap. The only one your kiding is yourself.[/b]
yeah i raced a raptor at the dunes that beat me every time pretty bad, he told me all he had was pro curcuit pipe. i said BS and walked away. come to find out he had the pipe, piston, cam, and mild porting. and i have a 450r with hrc and 13t front sprocket, in 300ft it will beat my yfz with ESR and proflow intake. no matter who is on it. and about your 470kit, i got one for ya. how about a 600r. not made yet but in progress by a company out by me called nmotion technology. heres what they have so far.

TRX520R Big Bore Cylinder Kit.
This kit includes a complete new cylinder (no core charge), piston and gaskets. This kit requires simple engine case modification.
520cc Kit $995.00

TRX570R Big Bore Cylinder Stroker Kit.
This kit includes a complete new cylinder (no core charge), piston and gaskets. This kit requires crank to be sent to us to be stroked. Simple case modification also required.
570cc Kit. Please Call

TRX Big Valve Head Kit
This is a ported and flowed head modification designed specifically for our big engine kits. It is offered with stainless or titanium valve train assembly.
Please Call

TRX600R ???????????

TRX Big Bore Pipe.
This pipe is custom built for our 520/570 engine kits. This pipe is built specifically for large cc engines.
Full System $550.00

1 - 20 of 27 Posts