Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, ive been thinking of getting a 450r but was interested in hearing the common issues the bike has, ie: Frame, electrical/wiring, engine/drivetrain, and suspension issues. The only complaint ive heard so far is the frame could use gusseted, but I would like to hear more from a group of owners such as yourselves, thanks.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
My personal machines i have lost transmissions on 06+ and had electrical problems and a cracked frame. On my 04/05 bikes i have not had any issues other than nomal repair. I have updated the crank from the day i bought them to avoid issues.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
problem #1...............not enough money to spend on mine.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Depends on the year.

04/05 - Many crank failures.

06+ - Weak transmissions (when the engine makes a lot of power).
good to know , thanks..

·
Registered
578 Posts
Iv had an 05 and never had any crank problems at all and i rode that thing hard, just got an 07 about month or so ago and all is going pretty good.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Can anybody help me, I gotta 05 450r and I'm having crank issues, I've cleaned the carb and put a new spark plug in and still won't crank! Can anybody help?!?
First off when it was said they have crank issues it meant that the crankshafts go bad on them. Anywho check if your getting fuel and spark and if its got that then check compression and the cam timing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts