Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

What parts are interchangeable on the 450R and the CRF450 bike engine?

If there are any, name the pros or cons of running them on the quad?


Thanks a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
I know that you can swap the carbs but that requires a little finagleing with the wireing, that was the only thing that i could not do myself. The 450 LOVES that accelerator pump. other than that i'm not sure. i bet the front sprocket is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by nacsmx450r@Mar 25 2004, 01:41 AM
I know that you can swap the carbs but that requires a little finagleing with the wireing, that was the only thing that i could not do myself.  The 450 LOVES that accelerator pump. other than that i'm not sure. i bet the front sprocket is.
yes the front sprocket is the same. basically anything inside the engine is different. from the Cam to the Crank....its all different....Im not sure about the valves. they may be different also....other then that, anything that bolts right on is probably the same....but nothing internal....rocker arms, cam sprokett and cam chain may all be the same.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by Schmitthead@Mar 25 2004, 07:22 PM
the valves are titanium on the crf450
now thats an improvment I would like to have on the R.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450rlude+Mar 25 2004, 08:07 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Schmitthead
@Mar 25 2004, 07:22 PM
the valves are titanium on the crf450
now thats an improvment I would like to have on the R. [/b]
Will the CRF valves fit in our Head?....it would be easy to switch them, and rather cheap....are the valve springs the same? :ph34r:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
The cams are interchangable,, a lot of people are running a crf hot cam instead of the trx hrc cam,,,, also I have heard that the titanium valves are much less durable
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by 04trx450r@Mar 25 2004, 08:57 PM
The cams are interchangable,, a lot of people are running a crf hot cam instead of the trx hrc cam,,,,  also I have heard that the titanium valves are much less durable
we know the cams are interchangable, we want to know if the Valves are interchangable. and are they the same valve springs or different....if different can we use them in the R....I think we probably can, but I dont know for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
Honda went with steel valves due to their durable properties. A popular upgrade on the CRF's is to switch to stainless steel valves. To my understanding the difference is very minimal and there would be much better ways to spend you money, such as porting, and bigger valves
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by joe1l@Mar 26 2004, 12:45 AM
Honda went with steel valves due to their durable properties.  A popular upgrade on the CRF's is to switch to stainless steel valves.  To my understanding the difference is very minimal and there would be much better ways to spend you money, such as porting, and bigger valves
thanks for your input..thats helpful.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top