Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
940 Posts
I know nothing about the wiring harness on the 2nd gen (i have an 06 too). And not trying to waste your time. but dont you need the throttle positioning sensor? I know not for starting but something to do with the cdi not recognizing ignition timing at certain RPM,s. Im not sure. Heres a diagram & pic of what you want to do. And a pic of a forum on cutting tps debate. Hope it helps.
Gadget Automotive lighting Automotive tire Font Glass

Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Document

Rectangle Font Schematic Building Urban design

·
Truck Yea
6,053 Posts
you can fake out the tps by simply wiring together the wires at the plug or by the throttle lever itself.

Reactions: Bullvine rider!!

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
940 Posts
So i guess my question is….. why cut it out? I mean it doesn’t make the quad any faster. Is it for looks if you’re into racing? Dont need a front and rear light if racing, I’d imagine it shaves off a lb or 2 as well. 🤷🏻‍♂️.sorry for jumping in someone else’s thread. hope jbswitches gets his help. Hes been a member for like 15 years. He should be running this site 😂.

·
Truck Yea
6,053 Posts
yes liek that or be like me and just wire the wires at the throttle lever itself. the reason i did mine is i have an older non tps throttle so i can use a trx 90 lever on it.

Reactions: Bullvine rider!!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts