Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a 2008 trx450er, I’ve replaced the clutch with a new one, but I can’t get the quad to crawl. I have to gun it and dump the clutch in order for it to go. I can’t just slowly let the clutch out and let it crawl. I also can’t have the clutch pulled in (when off and in neutral with key on) and push it. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I’ve got a 2008 trx450er, I’ve replaced the clutch with a new one, but I can’t get the quad to crawl. I have to gun it and dump the clutch in order for it to go. I can’t just slowly let the clutch out and let it crawl. I also can’t have the clutch pulled in (when off and in neutral with key on) and push it. Anyone have any ideas?
Adjust the cable?

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,534 Posts
May need to adjust the cable or it sounds like you have some pretty bad grooving in your basket, that will make your clutch feel more like a switch than a gradual engagement.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
May need to adjust the cable or it sounds like you have some pretty bad grooving in your basket, that will make your clutch feel more like a switch than a gradual engagement.
I’ve tried adjusting the cable but no we’re will fix so I don’t have a clue. This is my first bike so I’m trying to learn the stuff lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
I’ve tried adjusting the cable but no we’re will fix so I don’t have a clue. This is my first bike so I’m trying to learn the stuff lol
Well than I would think what hoser said about the clutch basket is a really good guess, if it was worn than it would get hung up when you let out the clutch and even though you let it out slow, it would be like you were dumping the clutch because the clutch isnt smoothly and gradually engaging. I would do like you said and rev it up and let the clutch out slow, then rev it up and dump, or pop the clutch and see if both ways behave the same

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well than I would think what hoser said about the clutch basket is a really good guess, if it was worn than it would get hung up when you let out the clutch and even though you let it out slow, it would be like you were dumping the clutch because the clutch isnt smoothly and gradually engaging. I would do like you said and rev it up and let the clutch out slow, then rev it up and dump, or pop the clutch and see if both ways behave the same
I tried to pop the clutch a couple time and I’m never goes, as soon at I dump the clutch it just locks up in place and won’t move. That still mean the clutch basket then?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I tried to pop the clutch a couple time and I’m never goes, as soon at I dump the clutch it just locks up in place and won’t move. That still mean the clutch basket then?
I can't think of anything else it could be, but your gonna have to ask someone smarter than me, see what hoser thinks

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,534 Posts
Can you be a little bit more descriptive as to what’s going on? What are you saying is locking up? Is the motor locking up or the tires or something else? It could be something completely unrelated to your clutch like axle bearings that are froze up or something else, but need a little more details and clarity on what’s happening.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you be a little bit more descriptive as to what’s going on? What are you saying is locking up? Is the motor locking up or the tires or something else? It could be something completely unrelated to your clutch like axle bearings that are froze up or something else, but need a little more details and clarity on what’s happening.
So it’s doing the same thing when I try to pop start it as when I’m slowly letting the clutch out to go and as soon as I give it any gas it like jumps and catches and dies right away. I’m having to dump the clutch and gas it fast in order for it to actually go. I can’t just slowly let the clutch out and have it move. I have to dump it and gun it. Same thing happens if I try to pop start it. I’m not have to pop start it it starts just fine, I just mean I can’t start it at all by pop starting cuz it won’t allow me to

1 - 10 of 10 Posts