Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, I recently bought an 05 trx450r and I love it, The only downside is a kicker, I let my smaller siblings use them, but once they stall it i have to run over to start it for them, they're about 11 years of age and even I(6'1" 215 lbs) struggle sometimes, i just want something thats more pratical so more people can use it. Anybody recommend any starter kits

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,257 Posts
There was only one e-start kit made for the first gen, but that was many years ago, and they stopped making them a long time ago.

I would instead focus your money and efforts into properly tuning your quad. I can start any of my quads while sitting down, even with over 14:1 compression and big cams. I’ve ridden with woman that were 100 pounds that could easily kick Start their 450 because it was properly tuned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was only one e-start kit made for the first gen, but that was many years ago, and they stopped making them a long time ago.

I would instead focus your money and efforts into properly tuning your quad. I can start any of my quads while sitting down, even with over 14:1 compression and big cams. I’ve ridden with woman that were 100 pounds that could easily kick Start their 450 because it was properly tuned.
Thank you I appreciate that, its probably also because of not regular use, thank you tho, you're probably right

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,257 Posts
Yeah, regular use can make a difference. Sometimes if I have a quad sit for a month or longer it can take two kicks to start it when cold, otherwise if I’m riding it a Few times a week it’s only one kick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts