Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm tall (6'3" ish) and so before I got my Powermadds my brake and clutch lever were pointed way down for an easy reach. When I tried to install the handguards the controls were in the way. So I decided to mount over the top instead of underneath. All you have to do is switch the arms to the opposite side and turn them over so they mount from the top and go over the controls. You might need to mount the guard to the arm towards the inside and put a spacer in the middle, this is what i did.

btw cut off the tab on the throttle too

i can get pics later if anyone wants

Good Luck!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
i did the same thing.

when i got my new powermadds tho, on the clutch side the mount is upside down and on the brake side its right side up, or maybe its the other way around but i know on my quad i had to put one under and one over.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did the same thing.

when i got my new powermadds tho, on the clutch side the mount is upside down and on the brake side its right side up, or maybe its the other way around but i know on my quad i had to put one under and one over.[/b]
yeah but you had powermadd send you a different arm right? This way you don't have to order a different arm...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont read instructions, haha but thats how i have mine mounted.
didnt know they were supposed to go underneath... oh well[/b]
Yeah i got mine from a guy on here and they didn't come with instructions. They came mounted up to go underneath and i swapped them around so my controls weren't straight out. They are intended to go underneath but they do the job mounted this way. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts