Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone figured out how to drain the tranny without filling up the belly skid plate????????????????????? the widest funnel i could find still didnt reach. i gave up and just washed out what didnt go into my oil drain pan. B) B)

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
:huh: ...I dont even have that issue :huh:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Try tilting the machine to that side :mellow:

·
Registered
733 Posts
tilt the machine slightly... 30 degrees or so. then take a 6-8" piece of duct tape and pich one end of it in the center so that it is stuck together... should look like a "Y". this will form the tape into a "gutter". with me so far? :wacko: now... take the end that is partially pinched together and stick the sides of the tape to the bottom of your case. i will add pic... be right back.

here ya go...

it works best if you remove your foot peg. but the tape can be manipulated in just about any direction once you have it stuck on. there's no substitute for duct tape. btw... patent pending! :lol:

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Tip the bike on it's side or maybe you can drill a hole in the bottom of the skid plate! Just a thought! Haven't done that yet though! B)

It does suck with a skid plate! :wacko:

·
Registered
870 Posts
I was having the same problem, the last time I changed mine, I put a milk crate under each left wheel and it seemed to work out, just about right. Then if you don't have a transmission funnel or a squirt top for your tranny oil, you can just put the milk crates under the right side tires and use a regular funnel, to put your tranny oil in.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the input, i bet my floor jack would work for the angle.the tape sounds like a good idea. i was trying to work something out of paper after the funnels didnt work. B) B)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts