Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question/problem I think, When I go for a ride to warm up the 450 to change tranny oil, When I take out the drain plug it has alot of pressure behind it,In fact I was sprayed with oil nasty gressy junk to say the least. Is this normal or is some thing maybe a vent or tube pinched or plugged.All I have done to it was changed to a Duncan racing fatboy exhaust /jet kit, Sparks filter kit Am I missing something, I am dumb founded. :( Thanks

·
Registered
733 Posts
that has never happened here... do you remove the filler cap first?

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
isnt there a tube that goes into the airbox that goes to the tranny? because there is a air line there that is pushing up agianst the stock air filter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I found the problem, The tranny vent tube goes into the carb top/side(tranny side) I think I have a defective carb top, I have to let my dealer know Monday. The nipple that the tube goes onto there is no hole through it maybe a casting flaw.The crankcase tube goes into the airbox filter no problems there. When I took off the tube fron the carb top it had alot of pressure built up and you could hear the vent sucking air into the tranny vent tube. I`ll keep everybody informed on what my dealer says. I know with that much pressue something has to give. And if I take off the filler cap it goes flying big time. Thanks to all that replyed B)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts