Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Monday, I got my shocks, a-arms, and exhaust installed (worked at it until about 1:00 AM tues.)and headed out to the track Tuesday evening to try it out and adjust my suspension. Was going over a tabletop, and my chain came off and balled up under the front sprocket, I didn't know until I landed, and when I did, I was in gear to get ready for the turn right after the landing. Needless to say the engine was locked up, because it couldn't turn the front sprocket, and stalled when I released the clutch. I freed up the chain and put it back on, seemed a little loose, but not bad. Drove the 450 back to the pit area to do a little tuning to the suspension, and noticed a rattle coming from the chain area near the front sprocket. After checking everything over, noticed I had a tooth broke off the front sprocket, thouhg that was my problem, replaced the front sprocket with the 13 tooth I had, but still had the same prob. when I couldn't find the problem, took it to my dealer and they took it for a drive, and said that I had tranny problems. They can't get it in until Thursday, and I had to race this weekend, borrowed a friends 400 EX (DG slip on, K&N filter and power up kit, rev box) I couldn't believe the difference, this bike that used to seem quite quick to me, felt like a big heavy pig. LOL. I was thankful to my friend though, the only thing that beat me was a heavily modded YFZ 450 (I was able to stay ahead of a couple raptors, a couple Z400s, a couple other 400 EX's, and a different YFZ 450) This was the first points race for our fall series championship, so second place was quite imprtant to me this weekend.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
keep us posted on the problem.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Originally posted by lukester720@Aug 3 2004, 08:14 AM
keep us posted on the problem.
ditto

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
will they be fixing this under your warranty or will this be out of yur pocket? do they know this happened uring a race?

·
Registered
133 Posts
DID x-Ring Gold series are the best chains out on the market

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
xring is a waste of money....sounds fancier & is more expensive..I have also heard that the dirt gets caught in the X grooves sometimes so I will never waste my money on that little campaign...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts