Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
the crf doesn't have a headlight so it probably doesn't have a lighting coil, trailtech is working on a fywheel for the TRX as we speak. I would try calling them, I believe they will have a finished product soon.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I think they will be somewhere between 120 and 130 dollars, as far as weight they might go as light as a -5oz just depends on how the testing goes they said. They will be aking heavier ones too.

·
Registered
497 Posts
If they make a heavier one, I might buy one, it would make the bike easier to ride.
Joe

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
A flywheel can make the bike easier to ride , but at the same time you may not like it... It will tame it out and some guys prefer a big hit where as others would rather have the power roll on smooth. If you ride woods, this will be your best money ever spent on one single mod... say bye bye to stalling issues.

Trailtech makes a good product. I know alot of guys, and myself personally that have ran their flywheel, and do not personally know anyone with a single complaint about it.

Another option (if you don’t want to wait for trail tech’s final flywheel) is a Electrex stator (for a CRF450) with a Trailtech flywheel and that should put you around 120 watts...

Or another option is a TrailTech rewound stator, TrailTech flywheel, and a TrailTech Regulator/Rectifier which will also put you about 120 watts.

Dave

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Originally posted by Ride_Red626@Aug 19 2004, 01:21 AM
A flywheel can make the bike easier to ride , but at the same time you may not like it... It will tame it out and some guys prefer a big hit where as others would rather have the power roll on smooth.  If you ride woods, this will be your best money ever spent on one single mod...  say bye bye to stalling issues. 

Trailtech makes a good product.  I know alot of guys, and myself personally that have ran their flywheel, and do not personally know anyone with a single complaint about it.

Another option (if you don’t want to wait for trail tech’s final flywheel) is a Electrex stator (for a CRF450) with a Trailtech flywheel and that should put you around 120 watts...

Or another option is a TrailTech rewound stator, TrailTech flywheel, and a TrailTech Regulator/Rectifier which will also put you about 120 watts.

Dave
Or a rekluse clutch, It will eliminate stalling all together. :D

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I talked to Trailtech today and they said they have a -5oz a +4oz and a +8oz completed but will be on backorder for 3 to 4 weeks due to one of their machines that they use to mass produce flywheels being down.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Has anyone gotten a lighter flywheel for the 450r yet, if so how do you like it.
Joe

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I'm still waiting on mine, i need to call this week to see whats going on with them. I know a couple of people that bought the sparks ignition and flywheel and their quads fly.

I finally got to test out my vortex ignition today and I am impressed with it, I can't wait to pair it up with the lightened flywheel. :D

·
Registered
986 Posts
when i first started to do research on flywheels several months ago i looked into using the CRF and was told by Trail Tech that their were enouhg differences that they would not interchange.

i also talked to trail tech last week and put my name on a waiting list for one of the flywheels. i think i'm going to get the +8 since i ride mostly woods and at times very tight woods. later i would like to get some of their HID lights , they would go well with the higher output from the stator

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Sorry kazpr, I thought I posted something here but I guess not. The flywheel should be in some time at the beginning of the week, I got the -5, the puller and the gasket. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Originally posted by lukester720@Oct 8 2004, 01:15 PM
Sorry kazpr, I thought I posted something here but I guess not. The flywheel should be in some time at the beginning of the week, I got the -5, the puller and the gasket. I will keep you posted.
Did you ask trailtech about their use in conjunction with the CDI? One of the guys here talks to them a bit and told me about potential issues, but you might want to get the facts directly fromthe horses mouth, so to speak. Or you can just try it out, with the stock and aftermarket CDI.

Brad

·
Registered
986 Posts
when i was talking to trailtech about their flywheels they had asked me if i was intending to add a cdi. and i responded with a no. their response was good if you were we would have to look at some other options. guys with cdi's might want to bring that up with TT.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Well, I called them today and they had previously told me last week, but like its already been mentioned they now say 2 months. The waiting continues!

·
Registered
986 Posts
i got a call from TT today and guess what they have my flywheel :D and Lukesters -5 :D . we were at the top of list for back orders. mine endded up beind a +9 in stead of a +8. i asked if she had lukesters cause she mentioned the site, and she knew exactly who i was talking about. maybe we need to hit them up for site sponsorship.

these were kind of pre production pieces so guys if you want them make your oreders now!

p.s. if anyone has lukester number can they give him a call and tell him to call
TT asap!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Luke if you dont want your -5 flywheel I would be glad to take your spot, I just ordered mine, 6 weeks it sound like, sucks

I would love to have it during the dune season!

Jason

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Well thanks, I got the message and will talk to jennifer tommorow to confirm the credit card # and so on. I will also ask her about the issues of running an aftermarket cdi with the lightened flywheel and report back with the response, thanks for bringing that up Brad.

As far as Trailtech being a site sponsor, I don't think it would ever happen. I expressed interest in selling some of their products through the site and they said they don't like setting people up through the internet, that they would rather a brick-and-mortar business sell their stuff so that they could have it installed there. On the other hand they did take a look through the site and said it looks as if we have a good thing going, and I also responded bac to the last email by telling the that I would do a step-by-step post on the installation process complete with pics and post it in the Flywheel FAQ so we will see what happens.

With all that being said, i think its safe to say that they would not want to be a sponsor on this site since they don't like to sell their products through the internet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts