Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey eveyone, I have a 6'6"X 12' flat trailer with rails and fold up rear ramp but looking for some set-up ideas for gas cans and paddle tire storage and or racks. If you have any pictures of yours or good links post up here. Thanks in advance!

Scott

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have a 6'X 10' single axel Carson trailer with rails and no fold up rear ramp yet, I was looking for a way to put the Helmets, gear and tool on the trailer too.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a small box with lid welded to the front of the trailer which I plan to replace with a larger diamond plate tool box that work great for gear, helmets, tools, etc... But I really need a rack type system mounted up front and high enough to still run tie downs under and for the front of the quads to clear.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nothing fancy, but here's my hauler. It's a 12' Triton UT-128-2 side/rear load with a stowable ramp. The picture is kind of deceiving but it will transport 3 quads sideways. The aluminum box works good for tools and gear and is lockable.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wicked450R- Your trailer is similar to mine but my side rails are welded on and I load using the rear ramp gate. Nice set-ups but still need ideas for fuel can storage and tire storage. Anybody?

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by SCOTTS450R@Oct 6 2004, 09:04 AM
Wicked450R- Your trailer is similar to mine but my side rails are welded on and I load using the rear ramp gate. Nice set-ups but still need ideas for fuel can storage and tire storage. Anybody?
All you need to do is build a rack that will start from the front of your trailer ....come towards the back of your trailer about 3 feet . Have both sides come up until it's higher than your quad then put a shelf going over the top of the front quad. Now you have a three foot wide shelf to put anything you want like tires, gear, ice chest, whatever!!!!!!!! :D

That's what a friend of mine did and he can carry everything!!!!!! B)

·
Registered
327 Posts
we ran a flat trialer for 2.5 years before we went to this. now we keep 50% of our gear in the trailer. we switch from summer to winter stuff. but it nice to have a place other than the garadge to store everything. when i traded my flat in , he gave me 200.00 less than i payed for it. well worth the money. just something to think about.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is a sweet set-up but for now I only have a open flat.

Rico- That's the idead I had but wanted a visual to go off of!

Let's see some more!

·
Registered
327 Posts
the 2+8 beam with the eye bolts in it is there to hang the front end s of mine and my wifes street bikes(sv650s&sv1000s). that way you arent rebuilding the front forks all the time B) B) oh yea 7+16 is the size

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Originally posted by SCOTTS450R@Oct 6 2004, 08:23 PM
That is a sweet set-up but for now I only have a open flat.

Rico- That's the idead I had but wanted a visual to go off of!

Let's see some more!
I'll talk to my friend this weekend and see if I can get him to set his trailer up so I can show you what I said. :D

Oh and WOWA450RRRR,, very nice setup!!!! :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
heres the guilty team trailer

·
Registered
810 Posts
Hey wow, what size is your trailer? I've been thinking about getting an enclosed trailer. I see you have 3 quads staggered in there. If you turned them completly sideways would you be able to fit 4? Or is the trailer too narrow to turn them completly sideways? Your trailer looks good and is kinda what I want.

·
Registered
327 Posts
tuffguy it a 7 +16 if you need to get 4 in there i would consider a 8 + 16. i believe you would have enough room to turn them easier. with my trailer i am able to ride them into almost there final spot. i really like how it freed up space in my garadge for even more toys. oh yea it did cost an extra 2500.00 in concrete to add on to the drive.............ha B) B)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts