Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get new bars/clamp kit and am confused between the Tag set up or the Trail Tech? Both of them are sweet, and I have always ran Tag. I can get a SMOKING deal on the trail tech set up but don’t know about the quality of their product? Anyone out there running the set up and have some pics? Can you run a bar pad with the Trail Tech clamp? I may go with the Trail Tech clamp with a set of Tag bars?

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Trailtech makes nice stuff - I wouldn't worry about quality there. They also have good customer service and I believe they will refund if you're not completely happy.

As soon as their flywheels are ready, I'll be ordering one & one of their bar setups as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought the Trail-tech clamp/bar package. Totally happy with it. Good workmanship, fit, and looks. There was another thread with pictures of the same set-up I got.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
go with tag bro. I got computer from trailtech and in about 6 rides it was f-ed up!!!!!then the light always blow fuses (90 miles away from camp).I would never buy trail tech again. sorry had to vent. btw this was all for my 300ex.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Lights just don't randomly blow fuses -- I'd check your wiring and/or current draw. A light is a stable current draw - if it's spiking and blowing fuses, you're shorted somewhere and that needs to be addressed.

From my dealings with Trailtech, I bet if you talked to them about your issues, they would be more than happy to help you resolve your problems.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Originally posted by 86atc250r@Aug 25 2004, 06:55 PM
Lights just don't randomly blow fuses -- I'd check your wiring and/or current draw. A light is a stable current draw - if it's spiking and blowing fuses, you're shorted somewhere and that needs to be addressed.

From my dealings with Trailtech, I bet if you talked to them about your issues, they would be more than happy to help you resolve your problems.
sorry I did not mean to add that , we fixed the problem well over 3 months ago loland the lights are super bright!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts