Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Trail Tech bars and clamp. I was wondering where everyone else stuck the tank vent hose? The little dash cover they sent with doesn't have a place for the hose and after the temp light and key switch are installed it is pretty crowded under there...

Also...I went with the "high" bars...anyone else run into problems with the front brake line being just a little to tight? I haven't cinched everthing down yet or installed grips so it could remedy itself...

I could loosen the clamp on the brake line and tweek the hard line up a little if needed... :(

thanks!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hello clutch,
i just installed a Trail Tech riser with a set of Renthal MX bars.
first off, I too ran into the problem of having the front brake line being too short.
my solution was rolling the bars back, and then rolling the front brake lever forward to give my self enough room to turn the bars lock to lock and have the line still have room to move some more. If i get a chance, i will take a picture and show you.
for the vent tube hose, i ran it to the right of the handle bars and then down through the bracket that hold all the other lines. The hose then remains running along the steering stem. (only thing i could think of)

after changing the bars, the bike felt and looks much better!! tthe trail tech shines up nice an the bars gave me the sense of better control (being wider)
hope any of this might have helped
-kevin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts