Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of me messin around on my little wannabe track and me on a double double I made.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm taking all of these jumps in first gear without a problem, they are 25 foot doubles. trust me trxkid you can do this.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Originally posted by Power Stroker@Jun 21 2004, 10:15 PM
I'm taking all of these jumps in first gear without a problem, they are 25 foot doubles. trust me trxkid you can do this.
1st gear

How long does it take you to make those jumps with that tractor? Is it hard to shape them and all that....we have a bobcat available sometimes and I want to try to build some jumps behind the house after we knock down a buncha trees....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I made the double double in less than an hour but with a bobcat it might take a little but longer nut you'll be fine. the take offs were just a little bit higher than my waist and I'm 6 feet tall, and make sure you get a nice slopes on the take offs, because if you get them to vertical your @$$ end will kick up and you'll end over end it. Make the landings nice and long, until you get your timing right. Remember on your first attempt give the bars a pull so you don't nosedive it.

You'll be fine, and good luck

I wanna see some pics of the kid in da air!!!!!

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by TrX450rKiD@Jun 21 2004, 08:51 PM
Nice pics man!  I wish I had the guts to step up and try some longer jumps (mainly doubles)....
with a little practice kid, you will get there.....he is right, its way easier then it looks....If I were you this is how I would learn though, just to avoid injury.. Build 2 jumps, one table top, and one double, make them the exact same in distance, and hight. practice on the table top until you have the landing down everytime. Make sure you have it down so that you land on the down slope of the table top everytime. Once youve mastered the table top, then move to the double and jump it the exact same way you did the table top....If the geometrics are the same, then you should be able to jump it the exact same way....the scary part is the big hole in the middle...but think of it just like a table top...hope this helps....be carefull.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450rlude+Jun 22 2004, 10:31 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TrX450rKiD
@Jun 21 2004, 08:51 PM
Nice pics man!  I wish I had the guts to step up and try some longer jumps (mainly doubles)....
with a little practice kid, you will get there.....he is right, its way easier then it looks....If I were you this is how I would learn though, just to avoid injury.. Build 2 jumps, one table top, and one double, make them the exact same in distance, and hight. practice on the table top until you have the landing down everytime. Make sure you have it down so that you land on the down slope of the table top everytime. Once youve mastered the table top, then move to the double and jump it the exact same way you did the table top....If the geometrics are the same, then you should be able to jump it the exact same way....the scary part is the big hole in the middle...but think of it just like a table top...hope this helps....be carefull. [/b]
Sounds good lude! And this time, I think I will be careful so I don't end up with another cast. I just got a new one because I broke my old cast jumping my cousin's R :lol:

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
One other thing. When hitting a double over shoot it. It's better to over shoot a double than under shooting it. Of course you know what will happen if you don't jump far enough!!!! The more your in the air the more confident you you feel. Then of course, practice, practice, practice. Good luck! B)
Also, blip the gas right before you land to take some of the landing off your body! :D

·
Registered
870 Posts
Yes, overshoot it the first time, coming up short on doubles hurts. (see my rough practice lap post :wacko: ) and remember if you are in the air and find youir a little too high in the front end, touch the brakes, and if you feel you are doing a nose dive, get on the gas, it doesn't work as well on a quad as it does a bike, but it helps some.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts