Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to tear my 08 450ER down to the frame and send it off for powder coating. Are there any special tools I'll need for this? I've got a 1/4 drive 4-14mm set and a 3/8 drive 8-19mm set. Also a 20-200in 1/4 drive torque wrench and a 10-80ft 3/8 drive torque wrench for reassembly. What else am I gonna need?

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,154 Posts
Combination wrenches, 1/2” socket set with sockets larger than what you currently have, screwdriver set, snap ring pliers, usually a sledge and drift for the swingarm bolt, Metric hex (Allen) socket set, extensions for your ratchets, I prefer to use seal pullers to remove the seals, a bearing and seal driver for new bearings and seal installation, miscellaneous picks and pliers. That should mostly cover it if your just going to remove the components and then bolt them back in. A ballpoint separator is nice for removing the spindles without damaging the boots. You’ll need a lot more if you’re going to rebuild anything like your swingarm and linkage, which I recommend while it’s off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Combination wrenches, 1/2” socket set with sockets larger than what you currently have, screwdriver set, snap ring pliers, usually a sledge and drift for the swingarm bolt, Metric hex (Allen) socket set, extensions for your ratchets, I prefer to use seal pullers to remove the seals, a bearing and seal driver for new bearings and seal installation, miscellaneous picks and pliers. That should mostly cover it if your just going to remove the components and then bolt them back in. A ballpoint separator is nice for removing the spindles without damaging the boots. You’ll need a lot more if you’re going to rebuild anything like your swingarm and linkage, which I recommend while it’s off.
Thanks for the info. What would I need if I were to rebuild the stuff? Sorry about being to misinformed on this stuff. I just bought a house with a garage and I'm finally able to get into the hobbies I've always wanted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts