Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be beefing my motor up for more drag intended purposes. Gonna get drag porting, stage 3 cams, bigger intake valves, already have drag pipe, and already have +6 swing arm. I am gonna be getting a lectron carb and run q16 gas. What would be the best size carb. Could I use a 48, or go lower with a 46-44. I’m hoping to be pushing 65hp.

·
Registered
446 Posts
If you go with anything bigger then a 45mm (I think is the max you can go on a stock intake port I can't remember for sure) anyways you will need to have a billet ring welded on the head to accept a larger Carburetor, other why's it's very hard and almost pointless to do a huge carb like that.

Also, yes you can achieve 60+ HP out of that quad but not just with a huge carb and also depends on who is gonna do your porting... What other mods are you gonna be running? What compression piston you're running? Is it a stroker motor etc...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im gonna have 14:1 piston, stage 3 hot cam, +1 intake valves, lockout clutch, drag porting by dynomyte performance, already have an inframe drag pipe, dasa adapter with racers edge air filter, dynatek programmable Cdi, +6 swing arm, 15/37 gearing, and imma get it all dyno tuned when I am done. And thank you for letting me know about the carb size I did not know you could only go to a 45 on the stock intake boot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts