Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I was up at my local stealership picking up some oil and a filter and wound up talking to a guy in the service department that races a 450r. I asked him what he thought of the HRC kit and he said that I would be better off, money wise, by buying a jet kit, a cam, and a slip on pipe. I got quoted $290 +tax for the kit and $150 for the labor to have the full HRC kit put on my R. As far as i can tell that is gonna be the cheaper option. The other thing i am thinking is that the HRC comes with a full header so that is gonna be better than just a slip on right? What do yall think?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes she is bone stock now. sorry should have mentioned that! lol i had thought about trying to do it myself but i know exactly zip about a carbuerator. how hard would it be to do it myself? i have had her for about three months now and am ready to go faster!! lol

·
Registered
889 Posts
yes she is bone stock now. sorry should have mentioned that! lol i had thought about trying to do it myself but i know exactly zip about a carbuerator. how hard would it be to do it myself? i have had her for about three months now and am ready to go faster!! lol[/b]
its not that hard and there are many guides out there that can help you

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
theres how-to tutorials on this site that shows you how to do it.

if you get lost post up questions and we can get you through it.

once youre in there doing it, it becomes fairly simple.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
DOOOOO it! when i had just my HRC kit and stock intake i used to beat ported venom bikes all the time... and thats noo BS.

·
Registered
889 Posts
DOOOOO it! when i had just my HRC kit and stock intake i used to beat ported venom bikes all the time... and thats noo BS.[/b]
i've beaten a couple of bored out YFZ's

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok then i guess i will do it myself! i think i will enjoy doing it myself anyway. i love tinkering with stuff i have just been to chickenshit to try messing with a carbeurator. now i just have to get the money together to buy the kit. woohoo!! lol does $290 sound like a good price for the kit? or should i look around the net for a better price?

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
ok then i guess i will do it myself! i think i will enjoy doing it myself anyway. i love tinkering with stuff i have just been to chickenshit to try messing with a carbeurator. now i just have to get the money together to buy the kit. woohoo!! lol does $290 sound like a good price for the kit? or should i look around the net for a better price?[/b]

check with our site sponsors woodward specialties
or go to

quadforce.com

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my goal is to be able to keep up with my buddies yz250f. i know that a dirt bike is always gonna be faster than a quad because it is so much lighter but i at least wanna keep up. im with him through the gears but i top out and he keeps getting up. does that make any sense? once i have the hrc kit should i do the green wire mod. i have been reading about that but i dont know if i want to mess with the wiring......

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
my goal is to be able to keep up with my buddies yz250f. i know that a dirt bike is always gonna be faster than a quad because it is so much lighter but i at least wanna keep up. im with him through the gears but i top out and he keeps getting up. does that make any sense? once i have the hrc kit should i do the green wire mod. i have been reading about that but i dont know if i want to mess with the wiring......[/b]

First of all...general maintenance is something I feel everyone should be fully capable of doing...but... if you have never changed out a cam before then I suggest you spend the few bucks having it installed by a technician/builder.Improper installation can and has cost many more $$$ than what you will spend to have it done.

Whoever told you that you would be better off buying parts individually was mistaken...the HRC kit is very cost effective and well put together....and will give your R a lot more get up and go....I highly recommend it. :yes

Lastly...until your setup is making it's peak power higher than the stock rev limit (9850) or you are using your R for MX style racing...doing the green wire mod is not necessary.

Have fun

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
just keep in mind, eventually your going to do a hude build and do away with the hrc. kit. so you can accept it now and eat up the cost later. or wait and just do the massive build all at once

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
DOOOOO it! when i had just my HRC kit and stock intake i used to beat ported venom bikes all the time... and thats noo BS.[/b]

Why do you CONSTANTLY make stupid statements like this?

so childish......and it is getting VERY old......VERY quickly.....

if you wanna talk [email protected] about one of our site sponsors........you know where to go..... "and THAT is NO BS"

·
Solid Gold DASA500R!
4,924 Posts

Why do you CONSTANTLY make stupid statements like this?

so childish......and it is getting VERY old......VERY quickly.....

if you wanna talk [email protected] about one of our site sponsors........you know where to go..... "and THAT is NO BS"
[/b]
Greg, with out lieing here, he did hand it pretty nice to two venom builds that are within our group. no bs. i will talk to him and tell him to calm down, but what he is saying is true. one was a high compression build and the other was a pump gas build, same result though.

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
Im sure he did....

and exactly how many DASA machines do you think I have put down?

or any other builder for that matter....????

same goes for ALL of you.......

but you do NOT see me coming on here.....and talking [email protected] about ANY of them...... I never have and I never will....

on ANY GIVEN DAY you can beat a Venom bike...or a Dasa bike...or a Sparks bike......

etc....and I have NO DOUBT that Senior has done so..........

my question is......why ONLY mention the VENOM bikes?

and it is ONLY to start DRAMA on this site.....and it will NOT BE TOLERATED...... PERIOD......

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
ok then i guess i will do it myself! i think i will enjoy doing it myself anyway. i love tinkering with stuff i have just been to chickenshit to try messing with a carbeurator. now i just have to get the money together to buy the kit. woohoo!! lol does $290 sound like a good price for the kit? or should i look around the net for a better price?[/b]

I got my HRC kit for $300, so I think $290 is a fair price. You won't have to do the green wire mod with the HRC kit, it comes with a different rev limiter, I think its 1000 rpm over stock.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I have HRC kit on my 06 and i think it's great, what a cheap way to gain the MOST out of your bike without spending a very big wad of dough. add up the cost of buying stuff peice by peice and you will see. the hrc kit is a very powerfull kit, look how much r&d honda put in to it. it can be done very easlly too, lots of help on this site to show how. jetting is easy on the frc carbs. If you like out running..........yfz's that is.

and i don't mind if your honda is faster than mine .....lol.....as long as it's a honda.........bm

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol holy wow looks like i started a mini chit storm. lol thanks for the advice guys. im still not sure if i will try to do this my self. i will probably just let the stealership do it. that way if it is messed up i have somebody to cuss out. lol cussing at yourself will usually draw strange looks from the neighbors!! lol

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
lol holy wow looks like i started a mini chit storm. lol thanks for the advice guys. im still not sure if i will try to do this my self. i will probably just let the stealership do it. that way if it is messed up i have somebody to cuss out. lol cussing at yourself will usually draw strange looks from the neighbors!! lol[/b]

take a look at the install process so you have an idea of what it takes to get one on.

http://www.rockinhorseweb.com/hrc_powerup_kit_install.htm

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
YEAH!! im gonna pass on that chit!! lol i will pay somebody to do it! holy freakin crap dude!! that looks complicated as hell! way to many tiny moving parts! lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts