Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got my bike back finally, and man does it rip, revs different, hits very hard all the way through, and man, the top end is great, I can wait to try it at Buttercups this saturday, Very Impressed to say the least, well worth the money! B)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$130 for the titanium INTAKE VALVES, $250 for the polish job, and $40 dollars for the head gasket, man it really comes on strong

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by trxjwb@Oct 4 2004, 10:51 AM
Well got my bike back finally, and man does it rip, revs different, hits very hard all the way through, and man, the top end is great, I can wait to try it at Buttercups this saturday, Very Impressed to say the least, well worth the money!  B)
I also just got my bike back from DASA, Dan Lamey is a great engine builder, and got me 49 [email protected] 6800 Rpm and 45 Ft q. He has put 2 mill bigger exaust valves and
ti Intakes, stainless ex. A big web billet cam. And i went to a 11.5 Je.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Jettster you have a copy of the dyno run? What all from stock form is done to your bike? That is exactly about what I am looking for thanks alot Scott

·
Lord of Combustion
14,065 Posts
I also just got my bike back from DASA, Dan Lamey is a great engine builder, and got me 49 [email protected] 6800 Rpm and 45 Ft q. He has put 2 mill bigger exaust valves and
ti Intakes, stainless ex. A big web billet cam. And i went to a 11.5 Je.
[/QUOTE]

jettster your numbers don't quite add up.

to make [email protected] rpm you would need to make exactly 37.8 ft lbs of torque at that rpm.

if we are to believe that you are making 45ft lbs of torque at the same rpm, as you state with your bike specs in the vortex thread, that would actually give you an amazing 58.26hp at that rpm.

also, torque peak always occurs several thousand rpm less than hp peak in the engines we are dealing with. so, according to you, somewhere under 5000rpm, your machine is making 45 ft pounds of torque. that would be an astonishing feat as correctly built 700cc class machines rarely do that.

check those numbers again and report back.

.....................mixxer

·
Lord of Combustion
14,065 Posts
that's NOT a dyno. i actually do own a dynojet dyno. i'm not making anything up.

those numbers are complete BS and nothing jives with anything even close to real about any of those numbers except that at 5252rpm the numbers should match.

if you are close enough to me (michigan) i will give you free dyno time and even help you jet for max hp with an afr meter during the runs.

again, that is NOT a dyno and those numbers don't have ANY correlation to reality.

sometimes the truth can be painful but it's better to hear it from a friend.

86...dez......tice....anyone........read the dyno sheet and report so he doesn't think it's just me.

..................mixxer

·
Lord of Combustion
14,065 Posts
just so it's on here too:

HP= (Torque x RPM)\ 5252

TQ= (HP x 5252)\RPM

that's the facts

..................mixxer

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
It won't let me view it from this computer for some reason. I will try later.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mixxer, do you think I should get some lighter valve springs, if so what kind, where etc, for my setup

·
Premium Member
3,559 Posts
I'll put it mildly. And I'm not being mean either. You should go to someone that knows how to operate a dyno if you actually seen those readouts coming from his dyno cause, it ain't set up right. AT ALL!

No.
51 ft/lb of torque at 4200rpm or something around there? No.
More torque than HP? No.
No.
Ain'a gonna happen that way. Not with this engine or anything even similar to it.

Tony

·
Lord of Combustion
14,065 Posts
heads up people . the stock steel seats of the trx head are INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE TI VALVES !!!!! the ti will be pounded out of shape in short order. if you are going to use ti you need to change the seats to the bronze nickel mix from kibblewhite, part #10-sb40.

anyone willing to merely put ti valves in without making this change is doing you a serious disservice!!!!!!

...................mixxer

·
Registered
91 Posts
Originally posted by Ticeman@Oct 6 2004, 07:45 PM
I'll put it mildly.  And I'm not being mean either.  You should go to someone that knows how to operate a dyno if you actually seen those readouts coming from his dyno cause, it ain't set up right.  AT ALL!

No. 
51 ft/lb of torque at 4200rpm or something around there?  No. 
More torque than HP?  No.
No.
Ain'a gonna happen that way.  Not with this engine or anything even similar to it.

Tony
it could if it was a diesel :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts