Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well at idle i hear a slight vibration, sum ppl said it souds a bit like chain slap, i retentioned my chain tension and still the same, i have nerf bars and im not sure if its those or not, but i am wondering if my valves would need to be adjusted, cuz i only hear it at idle, i touch the gas a bit and i cant hear it any more, bu the beat is iregualar so i cant see it being the valves, i will be double cheking but i am just wondering wat u guys think.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
mine does it too...some say its normal <_< try turning your idle up maybe...i know alot of people have their idle run low but this engine likes it to idle pretty fast

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe, i just cant see it being the valves, it runs excellent. Just worried really lol.

·
Registered
327 Posts
B) B) this maybe something or nothing, but when i was breaking it in , and useing honda oil. i noticed what you seem to be describeing.then i went to motuls semi syn and it seemed to calm down some. i now run mobil1 full syn and dont seem to have it at all. maybe it had to do with the oil, or maybe it was part of its breaking in. or maybe i just got used to it and dont really notice that much any more. but its cheep enough to change your oil to a high grade syn and try B) B) good luck

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
guys its the tranny. it makes ticking when at idle its no biggy so dont play with anything ur bike is running like a champ :D

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Originally posted by trx450Rrider@Aug 23 2004, 07:08 PM
guys its the tranny. it makes ticking when at idle its no biggy so dont play with anything ur bike is running like a champ :D
w00t w00t excellent news after such a bad day...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts