Honda TRX 450R banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Truck Yea
5,336 Posts
Tried wiring the switch together for the TPS Thomas?

I had a serious issue when I swapped from the 06 throttle to the 04-05 assy. Started up fine several times and then nothing. Spent and our chasing it until I recall the TPS and wired it together to think its fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just saw your reply. Think I need to download the app to get notifications.

No sir I technically didn't. Set my decomp to 65psi, filled up the cylinder with penetrating oil ( had plug out and it was humid.. figured it'd help prevent any potential overnight corrosion/rust in the cylinder ) tested all tps leads for continuity as the manual suggests and Flushed the fuel from the tank and added some new 93. Boom, fires up. Something is either intermitten, or that decomp likes to be DEAD ON 65psi Lol ! Unfortunately now, after she starts and idles for 4+ minutes, coolant just pukes from the overflow. Something is over pressurizing the cooling system...

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Yes the decomp likes to be set dead on to start good. It will start at other settings but works best at 60 or so. If it is running out the overflow I would probably check the head and base gaskets. I have had trouble with them in the past but usually didn't show up until being ran at higher rpm. Had your quad been sitting for a long time?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did anyone find a solution. Got same thing 07 rancher 420. If I disconnect what I think is the tps “on bottom of Throttlebody“ I loose fire completely. Get strong spark and spray ether in just gets 1 pop sometimes. If any of the previous guys figured it out they forgot to put it on here so please help

·
Registered
4 Posts
What was the issue ? Can someone post if solved or not ? Lol. my 2006 is doing the same. Valves good, timing perfect, starter clutch engaging perfectly, plenty of spark at room pressure, but not even starting fluid will make her hiccup. She will pull start with another quad but run horribly and die.
Did anyone ever get back to you on the issue

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 450er here that I just cant get running....

I have tried almost everything and seem to have fuel and compression, and SEEM to have spark... however even with starting fluid sprayed straight through the carb and even with it sprayed right into the spark plug hole I still cant get it to run or even cough.. leading me to think its spark related

I replaced the stator already, tried a different CDI and now Im wondering how to disable/bypass the TPS to maybe poke around and try to see if thats it... IM at a lost, so I dont know what else to try
Did you ever figure out what was happening? Did changing TPS make a difference?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts