Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellas. what throttle cable is everyone using on there 05's that has converted to an fcr carb? i tried using the stocker but i dont like how the threaded end on the carb side isnt really long enough for adjustments. any input would be great. thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
The ones I have used are OEM 06 trx throttle cables, they fit nice....I have seen issues with using the stock 04/05 cable on the FCR. They will work, but they don't have the double nut on the carb side of the cable to lock it into place. On a rough mx/xc track sometimes the cable will try and pull out, causing a premature wide open position.....Hope this helps

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts
I've used the stock throttle cable when I added a 41mm FCR-MX to my 05 and then used the same cable for a bored out 03 CRF FCR. OEM cable worked great with both carbs. I used the nut on the inside of the carb housing to tighten the cable to the carb. I also added a nut and bolt to seal off the other (cable) hole since I was using a thunb throttle.

Not sure if the 07 FCR's are any different... but I doubt it.

Another option is to buy a new throttle cable from Streamline. They have braided throttle and clutch cables to match their brake lines.

Good luck!

BTW... I hope your build is going well, I'm looking forward to seeing it all finished up.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies guys. originally i had the streamline cable but i over tightened it on the carb end and ended up snapping the threaded end. :11doh: so now im on the prowl again for a cable that has two nuts on each side so i dont do that stupid move again.ha... thanks Nor*Cal its coming along, i just need to stop slacking and get her together. its finally starting to look like a quad again and im getting really excited knowing its so close to being done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts