Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
hey man nice bike, what kind of shock covers are those?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Look like Shockwears Tribal shock covers to me. Very cool quad!

·
Registered
263 Posts
thts a good lok at your airbox. nice bike

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quads_are_Gnarly
How did you post all the pictures at once??? Im new and cant figure it out yet.

WILDHAIR

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
What's the deal with the hose on the side going to the little filter in the air box!What is it?
What does it do for the bike? B) B) B)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didnt like the fact that if you use a filter type other than a foam filter the crank case breather didnt have a means to filter the air. all it is is a filter to stop any dirt from getting into the engine. The filter is made by K&N part#62-1300
you can get a prefilter from Outerwares part#20-1132-03, they also cary a cool air box cover part#20-2095-01. You can call them at 1-800-967-3450.

·
Registered
594 Posts
How do you like the lrd exhaust Iam highly considering that pipe when I get my 450r sometime soon. Thanks alot!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is from another posting I had but should give you a good idea how awsome the pipe is. The pipe is a little on the loud side but has a realy deep narly sound. If you have cops with sound meters on potrol it probably wont pass, but there are few aftermarket pipes that actualy will.

As many of you know the TRX450R has a slight problem with its bottom end (the flat spot at about 3800 RPM)
I have been doing alot of reading about the subject to find out how to correct this and find some of those hidden ponies. I also wanted to stay somewhat down to earth on cost. I recently read an article in ATV 4-WHEEL ACTION JULY 2004.
In this article they did some pretty cool mods ( most of which I cant afford ), but I contacted LRD and spoke to the salesman about cheaper options. He told me about a slip on exhaust system they made just for people like me, looking for a more aggressive power band at a down to earth price. He did caution me that if I thought I might at a latter date make engine mods like " new cam, high compression piston...", I would want to buy their full system which includes a bigger head pipe with special bends. They also recommended getting rid of the airbox lid and using the Pro Flow K & N intake system with their pipes.

Well I took the plunge and ordered all the parts for around $400 I was like a kid on christmas I couldnt wait to install the new parts. Everything went on like a dream then I noticed the crankcase breather no longer had a way to filter air. I found a part in the Tucker Rocky Distributing 2005 catalog page 210.
Its a cool little 1/2" Crankcase vent filter Also made by K & N. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/wildhair/DCP_1611.jpg With a trip to the local automotive parts center a small piece of 1/2" fuel line and a 1/2" 90 degree elbow everything was done. I also had a different jetting than was recommended, instead of going from a 114 to a 178 I ended up with a 175. I think its because Im at 5200 feet above sea level.

When all tuning was done I went for a short ride and was very impressed with the power increases across the whole powerband, Just as LRD promised. It took this machine from a" Raped Ape" to a "Balls out Gorrrrrilla".

Here is the website to LRD their site is having some trouble with orders so you might have to call to place your order.
LRD Preformance

1 - 16 of 16 Posts