Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
HRC Needle & Kiehin Jets, you can get them from honda.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
^^^ Ghini beat me to it, lol. ^^^

Try the HRC needle, and scrap the "jet kit" idea and just get some factory keihin jets.

Also, list all of your engine mods and complete intake and airbox configuration, i.e. lid on or off, kind of filter, stock or aftermarket pipe, etc. and we can get ya close on your jetting.

Later- Kris.

·
Registered
290 Posts
+1 jet kits are garbage

Like NHRA said, if you list all your mods in detail and your elevation where you usually ride, the guys on here will get you close for jetting. then you can buy the jet that they tell you is close & a few bigger and smaller than that # and tune accordingly.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Dyno jets kits are super easy to follow if your doing this for the first time on your own, it doesnt get much easier. they have good stuff, i would recomend there kit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my mods are stock eng., no lid air box with k/n filter, stock exhaust, would like to have some that will work when I do upgrade my exhaust and engine thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
i think with the mods you have right now you'll be in the #160 range for your main if you go with keihin jets....which you should

·
Registered
290 Posts
Crap i take that back, i don't know what your jetting should be around. I just saw you have an 05, the 160main would work if you had an 06+...sry

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Start with a 180 maybe at the lowest a 175 if you live some were really high up

when i modded the box and got a new filter i could run a 205 but i ride below 600 feet elevation and had uncorked the bike a little go check the uncork your 450 n a budget in the pinned threads.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Most jet kits will come with no more than a 170 because they are made to cover a large amount of bikes and the 450s are the minority.You are better off making your own i know form experience the only thin i used from my jet kit is the needle i coulda save easily 30 dollars just buyin the need and a handful of jets but that was before i fount this awsome forum it is the best tool i have in my arsenal whe n it comes to my quad and i have easily 30grand in tools in my box upstairs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
^^^ Ghini beat me to it, lol. ^^^

Try the HRC needle, and scrap the "jet kit" idea and just get some factory keihin jets.

Also, list all of your engine mods and complete intake and airbox configuration, i.e. lid on or off, kind of filter, stock or aftermarket pipe, etc. and we can get ya close on your jetting.

Later- Kris.
Could you give me close guess on my 04 450r. It back fires on deceleration bad shots flames out the tail pipe.
It has a 480cc bore, 3mm stoker crank,hrc cam air box lid with a full hmf exaust?

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
First NHRA posted that 13 years ago
You probably have a clogged pilot jet causing the deceleration backfiring, other possibilities are bad or missing o ring on the af screw or a leaking exhaust gasket

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
I would say you should need somewhere around a 190 main, HTC needle 3rd clip and 50 pilot screw 2-2.5 turns out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts