Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just seen this on the honda site they are showing the 05 releases that they have been saving.i though i would tell you guys as soon as i seen it. it is identical to an r with a few minor things diffrent electric start,reverse,new wider gear ratios i think the weight was like 380.its crazy cool it is still called the 400ex though.the foremans look awesome to great looking new styling they got bigger engines to.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
The new 400ex is obviously redesigned. I know for a fact it has reverse and the public will know all at 12:30 (I believe a.m. and I believe that is Eastern Time -- not sure on this...)

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I HATE IT...y would they go and copy a 450r....the 450 was supposed to be a raceing quad unique to honda...i like having a quad that once people c it will no what kinda quad it is....now with this piece they took away the look special to the 450

just my opion tho

·
Registered
315 Posts
Looks awesome. Hope they did some motor work also.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Kind of like the Warrior taking on the Raptor name and styling. I still have trouble telling a YFZ apart from a Raptor at a distance.

One smart thing Honda did was keep the red seat on the EX. That makes it look different. I suppose people will order a black seat for a yellow one and put it on the red one.

Also, they announced a CRF450X with e-start so you know a kit will be available for the R real soon.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
yah thats what im thinking....i hate when 2 different quads look the same. like somone said before me about the raptor...i dont get it...could honda engineers not come up with any new looks besides this one? dam i think they need some new ppl working for them or sumthing

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'm real disappointed. I believe each model should have its own look. If I met one of these coming at me on the trail you'd think it was a 450r.

·
Registered
321 Posts
r those photoshopped because on the site it still looks the same???

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
haha it could be????....its a little early for april fools tho...haha...i sure hope they are tho

if you look on the first picture (the one where the guy is riding it) the pipe on that is the same as on our 450's. would honda take time to change the pipe to copy the 400's? maybe...also im trying to zoom in on the pics to see if i can spot anything but there not big enogh...it looks to me like that tool kit isnt attactched right...y would honda with the same plastic not keep the kit in the same spot it is in the 450r...y would they change it to hang off the back. because its a smaller engine they wouldnt need a larger airbox so they wouldnt have to take the kit out to make room. i dunno im just speaking my mind.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Go to the Honda club house to get the specks on all the 05 bikes

1 - 20 of 52 Posts