Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this may sound like I am kissing azz but I have went to a some other sites and they have all given me crap about me riding a 450r at my age.I think only 2 times people have given me crap on this site.So thanks to most of you guys.Ill get some pics of my bike tommorrow and some of me riding next weekend(hopefully!lol)

btw where has TRX450KID been ??

·
Registered
55 Posts
How old are you anyhow? If you're a youngin', welcome to the club! Us young riders deserve some sort of recognition, for being well...young riders! If you're a seasoned vet, Glad to have you on board as a 450Rider. I'm not really one to welcome anyone to the site..But I can't get enough of it! Great database of info.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I've seen you on hondar's and here for a while, even though you're young you seem responsible, have riding experence, and wear safety equiptment and thats good enough for me.

BTW, the kid has been having computer problems. :(

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Ive only been on 2 rides so far and for those so rides its been a BLAST. The bike is awesome!!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks desert and luke B) btw when are you going riding again dez?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yap, its way more about rider experience and responsabilty than it is about some arbitrary number. I began riding at the age of 8. At 12 I had a warrior and by 14 I had a Banshee. I feel that I could have easily handled the 450R at that age too.

Its just too bad that the inexperienced and irresponsible kids ruin it for the good riders. Just too many of them getting hurt and killed to go unnoticed.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by mootin@Aug 28 2004, 08:24 PM
Yap, its way more about rider experience and responsabilty than it is about some arbitrary number.  I began riding at the age of 8.  At 12 I had a warrior and by 14 I had a Banshee.  I feel that I could have easily handled the 450R at that age too.

Its just too bad that the inexperienced and irresponsible kids ruin it for the good riders.  Just too many of them getting hurt and killed to go unnoticed.
thanks mootin , I also hate when a parent puts a kid on a big bike they cant handle and get hurt or killed .My dad said I should have got a 400ex but he knew I would have needed more power very soon .as for me I started riding at age 5-ish -6 ish on dirtbikes.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
started riding at 8, when i was 11 or 12, i learned to drive clutch on a 400 ex, but my dad was smart about it and knew i was ready. Now i got my 450 in feb at 15 and man i love it( its no longer stock, fast as he double l) and i no wat u mean when parents dont realize there kids are on to biga a bike for them, ive seen the outcome and it wasnt pretty, but the kid was lucky,

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh I know man its a killer outside(very hot). what is et like ? have you tried speedworld? I cant really go to any tracks yet (still gettin used to the bike lol). but hopefully soon !!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Where is ET raceway?

I generally ride in the area around Canyon Raceway. Ive never been on the track, but Ive always been curious to see what it would be like.

The 20$ entry fee isnt so bad, but I understand that to be on the track you need a kill switch and nerfs. Is that true?

Desert.. you are right 106 degree temps stifle the hell out of riding. A couple of my buddies and I plan to do a 4 peaks run as soon as the temps dip waaaay down into the upper 90s hopefully by next week. Can't wait till Oct/Nov when things really start cooling down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts