Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a set of long travel a arms for my 450r(mx racing) for this coming winter and am doing research on what a arms i am wanting to run...

i ran across these(thanks to someone at exriders) these look exteremly strong and well built and deffently look like a hot setup for the 450r...
so i was wondering if anyone has tried them or heard of problems about them??

here is a link to their home page:
http://www.teixeiratech.com/default.asp

my other options i am looking at are :
JB LT a arms
Gibson LT a arms
Metal Craft Lt a arms
or Teixeira Tech Lt a arms
i will be running Elka quad rates up front and elka lt shock with linkage at the back...

thanks

·
Registered
234 Posts
ed's stuff is real good! i'd recomend them. i just know its going to be a while before he gets the 450r arms done. but if you are waiting till fall you'll have plenty of time.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Last time I talked to Ed he was so far behind on yfz arms he wasn't sure when trx450 arms would be availible. He has done testing on them though so it should just be a matter of getting the time. He does make great quality parts though.

·
Registered
218 Posts
From the pics on his website they def look high quality!

·
Registered
234 Posts
my friend shaun(teamfubar) has them on his 250r and they work great.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will i able to go with elka shocks instead of axis???
i would like to run elka since i can get them at a better price, and i have always liked elkas performance on the mx track...

does anyone know how much the a arms are by themselves???

does he stand behind his product 100%, if a weld fails or anything else happens that is manufactor defect will he look after it??

also how long do those ball joints last(king pins)??
thanks

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sure you can run Elkas. Ed has a good relationship with Axis is why he uses them. They are also located near him. He can also give you pretty good pricing and delivery on axis if you decided to go that way.

Best thing to do is either call or e-mail ed on everything else. He is really a good guy and will help you out with?'s.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay thanks a lot for the help... i will send him an e-mail...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts