Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to take my rear tires off my T-9 Beadlocks because I am swapping them out for 20"ers when they get here on Wednesday. I got the side off where the beadlock rims hold the bead, (very easy!) but I can not get the other side off! I am nervous about using a screwdriver because it may put a slice in the tire, so does anyone have any tips to get them off without cutting them in half?

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
I have a Fork Truck and i just set the forks down on my tires and the bead pops right off......... :D

I have seen people drive over the tires with their trucks or cars but you need to make sure you never hit the rim......

Or take it to your local tire store and have them pop the beads.....

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
i can get that trick to work with my aftermarket tires but never with the stock tires when they come from the factory...it always takes a big machine to do this & it iss till a PITA....why is this?

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
THere is a internal hump if you look at a bare factory rim.... it is almost like a factory bead lock.... there is a hump on the inside of the bead and on the outside.... it locks those suckers in there..... i had to take my to my honda dealer and they had them off in under 2 mins.....

They went ahead and put my Razors on for free in like 1 min.....

·
Registered
870 Posts
One thing that will make it easier to pop the second side off the rim is to put some air back in the tire (not enough to bead the first side back up though.), I know this does not make sense, but it works, I bought a tire changer like this:

CLICK HERE FOR TIRE CHANGER

and have had pretty good luck with it, and believe me the amount of tire changes my friends and I have done, has made it worth it.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
i dont think you understand..i have no problem getting the tires off again & again after the FIRST TIME...i was told by Jeff Stoess with ATK that the factory uses a glue lube to get them on their & then it dries or something...man I hate these original tires

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by BingeNut@Jul 27 2004, 02:58 PM
One thing that will make it easier to pop the second side off the rim is to put some air back in the tire (not enough to bead the first side back up though.), I know this does not make sense, but it works, I bought a tire changer like this:

and have had pretty good luck with it, and believe me the amount of tire changes my friends and I have done, has made it worth it.
Wow, only 35 bucks!! How effective is this? Is it going to take 20 minutes per tire or more like 2? Also, can you put tires on with this machine? Sorry for all the questions!

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by TrX450rKiD+Jul 27 2004, 05:01 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-BingeNut
@Jul 27 2004, 02:58 PM

Wow, only 35 bucks!! How effective is this? Is it going to take 20 minutes per tire or more like 2? Also, can you put tires on with this machine? Sorry for all the questions! [/b]
yes, I have one and it works great...it even takes the stock tires off with no problem at all....it takes about 15 to 20 min to do 2 tires.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
and its RED :D

·
Registered
870 Posts
Originally posted by KillerQuad@Jul 28 2004, 06:32 PM
and its RED :D
LMAO @ killer

Kid, it cost me a little more than that, because I am in Canada, but my brother in Texas got it for that price, and he also got the add on for it to do street bike tires, and has no problem with them either. In my opinion it was well worth the money.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
if you dont bolt it to the floor, you wont get any tires off...thats for sure... :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts