Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Allen holes are stripped out..what to do..have to much slack on new chain...fudge!!

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,221 Posts
How in the world are they stripped? Those bolts only need 15 lb ft when torquing them. Either grab em with a vice-grips or cut a slot in them and use a straight slot to back them out. Get new bolts and torques them to the proper spec.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How in the world are they stripped? Those bolts only need 15 lb ft when torquing them. Either grab em with a vice-grips or cut a slot in them and use a straight slot to back them out. Get new bolts and torques them to the proper spec.
Bought it used..got new bolts on the way..thanx

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,221 Posts
If the heads of the bolts are stripped, I would make sure to check the threads in the swingarm. I’ve seen guys strip those out and I can only imagine that if the heads are stripped, the threads may be messed up a bit too.

·
Truck Yea
5,432 Posts
I smashed an SAE allen socket in one that was damaged on mine then cranked it off.

Reactions: hoser

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hammer and Chizle I have found the best way to get them loose if you can't get them out. Just hammer down each side of the bolt head and then put the chizle at a 45 Degree angle and hammer it in the loosening direction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts