Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was woundering if any of you guys who have stock shocks could tell me the settings of you shocks and the conditions you ride in? I'm new to this whole adjusting thing and i would like to know some different adjustments you guys have going on..

·
Registered
870 Posts
Mitco, your suspension settings will very greatly depending on your weight and your riding style, and of course the type of riding you do (MX, Xcountry, trails, dunes etc)

There is a good thread for suspension adjustments titled suspension 101

Click here for "suspension 101"

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
i have my rebound turned all the way to soft then up 1/2 turn...same way with the compression & the preload is all the way on the top thread..I weigh 150 lbs. & ride recreational trails

·
Registered
314 Posts
Originally posted by Jumbo747@Jul 20 2004, 10:07 AM
i have my rebound turned all the way to soft then up 1/2 turn...same way with the compression & the preload is all the way on the top thread..I weigh 150 lbs. & ride recreational trails
I may have to try that on mine. I weigh 175 and this thing feels way to stiff for the trail riding I do. I went 1/2 a turn softer on all the adjustments last weekend and it did better but still not as good as I would have liked. I was considering going to Elka's but I really dont NEED anything that expensive.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Originally posted by Lason+Jul 20 2004, 10:23 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Jumbo747
@Jul 20 2004, 10:07 AM
I may have to try that on mine. I weigh 175 and this thing feels way to stiff for the trail riding I do. I went 1/2 a turn softer on all the adjustments last weekend and it did better but still not as good as I would have liked. I was considering going to Elka's but I really dont NEED anything that expensive. [/b]
YES...i am i nthe exact same situation...everything is still kind of stiff on the shocks but I dont have the $$$ for aftermarket...I guess its just something ill have to deal with untill I get this POS paid off

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
i have my rebound turned all the way to soft then up 1/2 turn...same way with the compression & the preload is all the way on the top thread..I weigh 150 lbs. & ride recreational trails[/b]
Jumbo747, try turning up your compression with your rebound down to a half a turn like you have. You can also turn your top screws up until you only have two threads left to lower your ride height.

If you don't want to spend allot of money call TCS!! They can rebuild your shock for allot less money. Like $800 for all the shocks. I did my 400ex rear and it cost me $450 to rebuild that one. Here's there number! :D

1(909)245-7484 Good luck! B)

·
Registered
612 Posts
i also have the same probs... i turned everything all the way down and seemed to be alot better.. .about the shocks revelving... i am gettin gt thunder to do a set for tt.. it's 640 to have them shortened and revelved and resprung... i didn't feel that was to bad of a price... and after i get this one set up for tt... i'm gonna send my own out to him for the revelve ans resprung.. also gonna get the rear linkage piece... supposed to help bunches...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts