Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
940 Posts
Ok its a stock carb for 1st gen 450,s - when you say it boggs, does it run normal all the way thru and just boggs at peak rpm,s or is it when you snap on the throttle all the way and it starts to bog immediately? Hiw does it run/idle etc.?

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
940 Posts
Ok its a stock carb for 1st gen 450,s - when you say it boggs, does it run normal all the way thru and just boggs at peak rpm,s or is it when you snap on the throttle all the way and it starts to bog immediately? Hiw does it run/idle etc.?
Because believe it or not it’s normal what these TRX, But the proper jetting and pilot screw setting helps so does the boyesen quick shot but i think the QS is for 06 and up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes it will run normal and when I go to open it all the way it will bogg out. It idles good and runs good just when I go to open it up it’s like I hit the front brakes

·
Registered
940 Posts
Could be a few things, especially if its like the front breaks are being hit. Its more of a cut off then a bogg it may not be the carb. Maybe it’s electrical or spark. Sorry im not sure ,but i think hoser can help. He’s very knowledgeable. Good luck.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Or its just the rev limiter and theres nothing wrong with it. 😆 It idles & runs good, but cuts out at wide open throttle. Probably the rev limiter. If this didnt happen with the old carb then there is something there.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I do have the old one still and I believe it was a 155 and I have not checked that air/fuel screw
Pull the airbox lid off, stock pilot jet (48), 180 main, 2.75 turns out on fuel screw. That's how mine ran best with a full Yoshimura and HRC cam. My friend's running the same setup, same tune, runs great. Try that, good luck.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts