Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do they put inside of the rear tire's from the factory? I pulled mine off to swap them and noticed that there is something definetly in the tire's. Just the rear. I have never even had to put air in to them since I bought it new at the dealership.

·
Registered
314 Posts
There shouldnt be anything in the tire from the factory. What does it look like?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Scooter99@Aug 2 2004, 10:22 PM
What do they put inside of the rear tire's from the factory?
I haven't taken them off the rim.. No time yet.. I will take them off at the shop tommorro and post what it is.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by freeride@Aug 3 2004, 12:05 AM
i have a ton of stuff in my tires i think it's dirt working it's way though the bead.
How can dirt get in and air not come out??

·
Registered
23 Posts
some how it does. And thats what you can hear rolling around inside the tyre. The dust forms a perfect ball that keeps getting bigger as it goes around.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by oz450r@Aug 3 2004, 06:57 AM
some how it does. And thats what you can hear rolling around inside the tyre. The dust forms a perfect ball that keeps getting bigger as it goes around.
thats how the hell them things got in there...I was trying to fiqure that out...they look like little rabbit terds.....My sons Z400 had a bunch of them when I replaced his stock tires. :lol:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not sure how they get in there, and not loose the air, but they do, must be from sliding thru the corners on the gas. I have had them almost the size of golf balls.

·
Registered
35 Posts
RABBIT TERDS LOL :D IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE THAT DUST OR DIRT CAN MAKE IT IN THE TIRE W/NO AIR COMING OUT????? BUT I PULLED MY STOCKERS OFF YESTERDAY AND SAME $HIT...

·
Registered
263 Posts
not really sure but i heard that the factory put those in there for to balance the tire.not positve. but i dont see how dust can go in when you have that pressure pushing out,if that was the case then you would have to pump the tire up all the time.i had those in my stock 400ex tires too,front and rear.my .02 iam not tryin to cause an argument or anything. :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
ok

·
Registered
328 Posts
Rabbit Terds ahahhahaha......all it is is dirt getting inside, if you ride agressive and hit turns hard, it will let a little into your bead that will work its way inside the tire. Then it becomes a tumbler, that rolls the dirt and collects it into perfect balls.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
wow...it is not dirt in your tire...have any of you ever taken your stock bead off before? it is not easy & no dirt ccan go inside....that noise you hear is this slippery stuff they put on the bead at the factory so it slides on when they air it up...then it dries & becomes hard...when you ride fast it comes into the tire & forms into little balls...its little like rubber glue pellets

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
it is not dirt inside your tire you are hearing..you will feel stupid when you take that tire off & see that i'm right & its rubber pellets that look like deer crap :lol:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL... I believe it is the rubber pellets.. Those tires are on there so tight that I don't see it possible to get dirt in there.

·
Registered
933 Posts
i took off my tire, i already wrote that, but it's dirt and it's back in there again i checked tonight. so what you got now? i'm just kidding, i don't know for a fact what it is but when i took off the tires it looked like dirt. i cleaned them out and now it's in there again.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts