Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride 2005 trx450r and the long bolt on the oil filter cover pulled the threads out of the case has anyone helicolled this with any success and if so how did you do it

·
Registered
33 Posts
Check your case, mine actually hairlined the case, I JB welded the outside of the case, where the threads for the bolt would stop, and placed 2 small washers on the long bolt so it wouldn't bottom out. I've changed oil at least 15 times since then, 2 years or so, and no leaks or cracks. If you can get a helicoil small enough to fit in there maybe.

·
Truck Yea
5,387 Posts
its all the way inside the case as another user mentioned. Remove the stator cover and helicoil it or tap threads in the stator cover and go that route.

·
Registered
33 Posts
its all the way inside the case as another user mentioned. Remove the stator cover and helicoil it or tap threads in the stator cover and go that route.
I don't think the THREADS are in the stator cover, their in the case, behind it. Although the bolt does go through the cover.

·
Truck Yea
5,387 Posts
I don't think the THREADS are in the stator cover, their in the case, behind it. Although the bolt does go through the cover.
What I’m saying is you can tap that stator cover or the inner cover and be happy. The bolt just has to hold the cover on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts