Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
being that I cannot find the correct size, does anyone know for sure what the stock front and rear sprocket sizes are? I have seen 13/38 then someone also said 14/38. Which one is it? And what does everyone that races motocross run?

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
04/05s have 14/38 stock ..........06 and ups have 13/38 stock :yes

·
Cane Rider!
1,345 Posts
i have the stock gears in my 06 i want to gear it a little lower what would be a good for the rear a 40 tooth or a 42 tooth leaving the front stock thanks for the info[/b]
It depends on how low, you want to go. The larger rear sprocket will be quicker out of the hole, and drop your top end. My opinion, the stock gearing 13/38 is quite low.

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
940 Posts
16/36 huh? That must be for track racing correct? Not sure if you noticed but this thread is like 12 years old, you see the little date at the top left of each post? Ive made the same mistake (more than once) when i first came on here. Anyways welcome to the site bro, what are you riding? Any pics? I have an 06 trx450 stock motor except HRC cam, boyesen QS2, sparks exhaust with jet kit and uni filter. Many bolt ons too.

Attachments

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,963 Posts
I thought the same, I actually wrote my post with pics hours ago abd forgot to push post reply. It is an unusual size, all low end right hoser? For short track racing? Or am i wrong?
Actually the opposite. He’s geared for high speed. But it’s weird that he would increase the size of the front sprocket while reducing the size or teeth on the rear sprocket, very unusual. I don’t know how he even got that 16 tooth to fit with any type of case saver.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Actually the opposite. He’s geared for high speed. But it’s weird that he would increase the size of the front sprocket while reducing the size or teeth on the rear sprocket, very unusual. I don’t know how he even got that 16 tooth to fit with any type of case saver.
It’s quite possible he isn’t running one which is kinda risky or the other possible solution is he modified a case saver a good amount to fit that sprocket size because most I have seen is one that goes up to 15 so that isn’t too much to take of a case saver.

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,963 Posts
And beyond making the case saver work, the bigger question is, where did he get a 16 tooth front sprocket?? I think I mentioned it a year or two ago about a company that will custom make them, but I’ve never seen one for sale anywhere.

·
Registered
188 Posts
And beyond making the case saver work, the bigger question is, where did he get a 16 tooth front sprocket?? I think I mentioned it a year or two ago about a company that will custom make them, but I’ve never seen one for sale anywhere.
That is another good question that I don’t know but like you said above chances are it’s custom made.

·
Registered
2006 trx 450er. Stock motor, sparks full exhaust, elka legacy series shocks, and many more boltons!!
940 Posts
Hey carloscohan1 where did you get a 16 tooth sprocket if you dont mind me asking? And yea hoser now that i think about it, it is geared for top speed. Id like to see the sprocket tho.

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah, that’s just another misleading eBay seller, 450 and 400 use different sprockets.
Ok that’s what I thought.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts