Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this on the adjustments of the stock shocks:

Even with such mellow motor characteristics, when ridden aggressively, the Sportrax literally jumps out of corners due to its short wheelbase. In as-delivered, stock form, we also found the TRX rode a bit tall in the rear and stiffly valved at both ends. For our 150-pound main test rider, we removed all of the rear shock's preload, enabling it to settle down further in its travel and let the back end transfer weight more effectively. His final suspension settings were two (of four) turns out on the front shocks' compression and rebound clickers; 27 (of 35) clicks out on the rear compression and one turn (of three and three-quarters) on the rear rebound adjuster.

Once set up thusly, the entire quad became much more plush and cooperative. The front end now turned in precisely and the rear transferred weight well. When charged hard into turns, its excellent brakes scrubbing off speed in a hurry, the neutral chassis flicks precisely through flat corners. The 350-pound quad's air manners were just as good for fast trail riding and semi-fast laps on a motocross track as it flew straight and only bottomed when pushed too hard and too fast by too heavy testers.

Here is the link: Shock settings

What does this do on the shocks (Rebound)???

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
you want that rebound set almost as slow as possible..so it dont buck as bad.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by TRX450rlude@Aug 17 2004, 12:07 AM
Thanks

So it is safe to assume that the rear has one. I want to reduce the bucking over the whoops as much as possible until I can get an aftermarket setup...

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by 400ex4ever+Aug 17 2004, 10:57 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TRX450rlude
@Aug 17 2004, 12:07 AM
Thanks

So it is safe to assume that the rear has one. I want to reduce the bucking over the whoops as much as possible until I can get an aftermarket setup... [/b]
yes the rear has one....all three shocks all have the same settings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts