Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just biult a 2004 501 and I am looking to upgrade my carb, can u bore a stock 2004 carb to 43.5 or do I need to go with a fcr or lectron. I got about 900 bucks to spend on a carb and intake but if I can save some on boring the stock carb I will spend the savings on other mods.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
you can't bore the stocker. i got a 43mm fcr. i like it. dont know much bout the lectron's.

if your looking for a fcr, i am gonna have one i will probably post tomorow. i'll give the details then.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Depends on what you are doing, if you are a up and down the hill kinda guy a lectron is probley the best bet they don't like to be ridden at anything but idle and wot. If i were you pick up a used fcr and have to bored to a 43.5 still wil make great power and will give you great throttle response and rideabiltly. If you plan on running anything except gas you will want a lectron. Me and my friend who had lectrons switched back to fcr's they are way less of a pain in the @$$.

·
Registered
8,662 Posts
fcr unless your strictly a dragger. The lectron is a killer car but pretty touchy as far as the on/off... your either off the throttle or dang near WOT and that can get you hurt if your in the woods or mx or something. once you get used to it,I'm sure it's not all that bad but the FCR is a killer setup all the way around. Go big, 43.5mm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts