Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any way to cheat it to make it work for a while its just swisted about a 1/8 of a turn would adjusting the tierods make it any better thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
is there any way to cheat it to make it work for a while its just swisted about a 1/8 of a turn would adjusting the tierods make it any better thanks for the help[/b]
Mines that way. Just a little tweaked. You could do the tie rod thing but you will lose a little turn radius in one direction. Not that it matters. THere are a lot of aftermarket stems on here most of the time.

·
Registered
324 Posts
i bent my houser when i wrecked in a race but i just used a press to straiten it and i cant tell any diference in it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its not too bad i just adjusted the tie rods a little to make up for it, its just twisted so i think it will be fine for now

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
its not too bad i just adjusted the tie rods a little to make up for it, its just twisted so i think it will be fine for now[/b]

if its twisted now, next time you roll it or hit something, it will be easier for the stem to twist more because its allready damaged. if I were you Id get it replaced. theres a couple for sale in the FS forum .

·
Registered
24 Posts
if you have access to a welder cut it and weld it back together just about a year ago to the day i kartwheeled mine going about 65-70 and it twisted the hell outta my stem all i did was cut out the bent parts and sleeved it with a piece of 1" x 1/2" wall tube and welded it all back together it was a cheap fix sincei already had the welder and the steel to make it work i would have replaced it but being married at the time it juts wasnt in the "budget" according to her if ya want ill post some pics so you can see how it turned out [attachment=32450:good_air.jpg]

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts