Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to install new steering stem bearings how the hell do i get them in its like a super tight fit ? almost like it wont fit, getting them out was a mission.... the main problem is that the frame is painted with car paint and i dont wanna scratch the surface or anything near it NEED HELP LIKE NOW PLEASE ASAP

·
Registered
457 Posts
did you get piant in the bearing hole? if ya did you might have to clean some it out. other than that, get it streight and bang away being carefull of you other painted parts. use a large socket that is just smaller than the outer bearing size. dont hit it on the inner race or your just wasting your time by destroying your new bearing.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
did you get piant in the bearing hole? if ya did you might have to clean some it out. other than that, get it streight and bang away being carefull of you other painted parts. use a large socket that is just smaller than the outer bearing size. dont hit it on the inner race or your just wasting your time by destroying your new bearing.[/b]
exactly. i also put bearing grease in the hole before i hit in the new bearing. mine almost slid in :thumbup:

·
Registered
335 Posts
A propane torch to heat the seat area....but since it's painted....use a hair dryer to warm it up....and like was stated....put bearings in the freezer for a day or 2

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
exactly. i also put bearing grease in the hole before i hit in the new bearing. mine almost slid in :thumbup:[/b]
I just spit on mine!!!! :_specialED:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts